“Because we gon’ get drunk!” I said in a deep voice.

“Are you sure you want to get drunk? I remember our party, you were crazy.” I scoffed.

“I wasn’t that bad.” He nodded his head.

“You were, you were completely crazy.” I shrugged my shoulders. “And you fell like 40 times on the bus.” I glared at him as he drove. A perfect smile started forming on his lips slowly.

“Well, we’re celebrating whether you like it or not.”

“No peeking.” I tie a scarf around his eyes. I walked around him and kissed his bare shoulder. “Now tell me what this is.” I fed him a spoon of Nutella.

“Easy, nutella.” I giggled and ran my Nutella covered finger across his cheek.

“You’re right” I dipped a strawberry inside the jar and took a bite off of it.

“Strawberry?”

“How’d you know that I didn’t even give you one.” I exclaimed.

“Easy guess, I can smell.” I liked the Nutella off his cheek slowly.

“You’re very wise old man.” He laughed.

“I’m only 20, a year older than you.” He leaned down, resting his head in the crook of my neck. “If I’m old, then you’re old too.” I sat down, and locked my ankles around his back.

“I’d love to be old.” I mumbled.

“Grow old with me.” Everything fell silent.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked him. I could feel his breathing against the skin of my neck. “I mean wouldn’t you want to grow old with Perrie, she’s your girlfriend. I’m just your friend, I mean you love her you don’t love me. If I were you, I’d be asking Perrie that question, not just one of your friends.” I tended to talk a lot when I’m nervous or stuck between a hard place and rock.

“Reagan you’re more than a friend.” I stood up and sat down on Zayn’s bed.

“I can’t be more than a friend and less than a girlfriend Zayn. It’s either I’m your friend or I’m not.” He untied the scarf and pulled it off. He stood up and sat next to me. “Zayn I don’t want to mess up a relationship. I look up to love dude, I’m in love with the thought of love, and I really don’t want to mess it up.”

“I fell in love with Perrie, I did. But now it just seems like we’re growing apart. I love her still, but I don’t think I want to spend the rest of my life with her.” I stared at him from the corner of my eye. “She believes the rumors that I’m cheating, all the time.”

“Well you kind of are.” Zayn glared at me. What? It’s the complete truth. He can’t say we haven’t kissed at times. “Zayn we can’t keep doing this and pretending nothing’s happening. It’s just plain wrong.”

“Reagan, do you think I don’t know that?” Zayn asked no emotion in his voice. “I know it’s wrong, it just feels-“

“So right” I finished his sentence for him. “I know” I put my head in my hands and closed my eyes. “But can we just finish your Birthday Day? Just forget about everything else?” I stood up and stretched my arms, letting out yawns like a baby dinosaur.

“What is there to finish?” he asked.

“You haven’t got your birthday licks.” I giggled quietly to myself.

“What?” Oh these British fools, they don’t know about birthday licks.

“I get to hit you 20 times.” Zayn back away.

“Oh no, I’m ok.” He held up his hands.

“No no no! You can’t back out, it’s your birthday come on.” I gestured my hands towards me. “I’ll do it quickly and you won’t feel anything, I swear.” He sighed, and slouched his back. He turned around and I started punch him. “1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19” I paused and turned him around.

“Did you have to do it in the same place?” he asked me.

“Nope, but I did!” he closed his eyes and I punch him in the stomach. He groaned loudly, and his head fell down onto my neck. I patted his back, “There you go babe, let it all out. That’s it…no more.” I wrapped my arms around him and stroked his back.

“You’re a dick.” His choked.

“Aw, don’t be a bad sport love.” I kissed his cheek. “Your Birthday Day with me is over.” I bowed down slightly. He back away and fell back onto his bed again. I turned around and bent down to pick up the food we played with. I jumped when Zayn’s hand wrapped around my waist. “Gosh, don’t do that to me!” I exclaimed.

“Hey, you’re the one who bent over in front of me.” He pulled me down on to his lap and pushed my hair from my neck. He kissed the soft spot behind my ear, making my inside burst. I turned around on his lap and placed my knees on either side of him.

“What ever happens, you’ll always be my friend right?” I asked him, leaning my head against his.

“Of course” he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. I wrapped my small hands around his neck and pulled his lips into mines ever so slowly. He kissed back instantly and rolled over on top of me.