Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I could now say living alone is amazing, because I finally have everything. Utensils, a microwave, food, bathroom products! I can now just rest, plus I’ve been signing up for jobs non-stop. I set my laptop down and walked into my kitchen. I took out my loaf of bread and popped two pieces in the toaster. I took out some butter and grabbed a butter knife. I started smoothening the cold butter, so it could melt over my hot toast. That’s the best taste ever! I took out 3 oranges and started making some orange juice. When my dad was alive, I’d wake up every morning to toast and freshly squeezed orange juice. It’s just become a habit.  I leaned against my counter top and starred intensely at the toaster. Pop toast, pop! It popped all of the sudden, making my jump nearly 10 feet in the air. “Fuck you toaster! I know you have it against me!” I exclaimed, running smooth butter over the toast. I watched it melt slowly into the depths of the bread, yummy yummy yummy in my tummy!

I set it down next to my laptop on my dining table and sat down, pulling my knees up to my chest. I added some sugar to my orange juice and stirred it quickly. When I was finished, I washed my plate and stored it in the dish washer. My phone started going off and I looked at the caller ID. Zayn? “Hello!” I answered.

“Hey Reagan.” I heard the familiar British accent.

“Hello mate, how’re you chappie.” I joked.

“Yeah, don’t. Leave the Britishness to me love.” We both laughed hysterically. “Can I come over for a while?” he asked.

“Ohm…why?” I asked.

“Just to get some me time.” I almost dropped to the floor when he said that.

“You want some me time, at my house with me?” I asked, still processing what he just asked.

“Yeah, that’s what I’m asking Reagan.” I thought for a second.

“Ok, I guess.” I said finally.

“Great babe, text me the address.”  My jaw was hanging on the floor, babe?

“Babe?” he started laughing while I still got this whole thing through my mind. He hung up and I texted him the address quickly. I set my phone down, looking around at my place. Absolute, mess! I started cleaning quickly, putting everything in its place. After 30 minutes of tidying up there was a knock on the door. I unlocked the door and pulled it open slowly. There stood my hot famous fucking friend, Zayn. “Hello.” He looked down at me with his cute hazel eyes. It’s the first time I’ve really seen them, it being dark at the airport and stuff. But let me say, it’s like I was drowning in golden honey.

“Can I come in?” I stepped aside and let him in. When he did I closed the door behind him.

“How long are you staying?” I asked him, as I locked the door.

“I dunno, maybe an hour or two…if you don’t mind.” He plopped down on my couch.

“Not at all, I’m just doing work.” His head fell back as I carried my laptop to the couch. I set it down on the arm rest and sat down next to him, the couch being only a two seater.

“Do you always walk around in your underwear?” he asked.

“Pretty much.” I muttered lying. I completely forgot to put some clothes on. What was I thinking? I should’ve put some sweat pants on! I got up and walked around my book shelf, which separated my bed from living room. I pulled on some black sweats and pulled my hair into a bun. I took out my earrings and set them down. I walked back to my living room. “But considering you have a girlfriend, I’ll make some changes.” I sat back down. “Can you hand me my phone?” I asked, grabbing the remote. I handed it to him while he handed me my phone. “Thanks.”

“What do you do anyways?” he asked.

“Nothing yet” I muttered, tapping my fingernails on my laptop. “Are you just gonna sit there?” I closed my laptop, getting a job is so frustrating!

“Well, yeah.” He mumbled. I turned to him and pulled my knees into my chest. “Unless you have something else for me to do.” I stared at him intensely.

“ We can play dominos.” He shrugged his shoulders and I stood up on the couch and leaned over my computer desk. I opened the top drawer and pulled out my Domino case. “These dominoes are pretty special, so chip them and I chip your tooth.” He glanced around, eyes wide. I sat down on the floor and he came down in front of me.

“Why are they so special?” he asked.

“My dad got them for me; we always played dominoes on Saturday night. And one Christmas these were under the tree.” I showed him the encrypt on the back of each domino. They all said daddy’s little girl.

“Where’s you dad?” he asked the question I never like to be asked.

“He died when I was 12, cancer.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” He said.

“Yeah, me too.”

“Damn you’re good at this.” He starred at the dominos deep in concentration, wondering where his next move should be.

“I know.” I joked, fanning myself playfully. He sat up straight and looked me in the eye.

“I give up.”

“Yuss!” I threw my arms in the air. “Reagan’s in the house!” I pretended to flex my muscles. He laughed at me and I calmed down, colleting all the dominos. I pushed lose pieces of my hair behind my ear as I climbed back on the couch to put them away. I could feel Zayn starring a whole through every part of me. I turned around slowly and he was staring straight at me. “Maybe you should be going now.” He stood up and nodded his head.

“Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.” He mumbled. I bit my bottom lip as I watched him walk to the door. I followed him and he turned around once he was out.

“Another time then?” I suggested.

“Yeah, sounds great.” He exclaimed. He slapped his hands on his thigh. I stared at him for a second, holding back from just jumping on him right then and there.  I bit my lip harder, tightening my grip on the door. I watched Zayn glance down at my lips then back to my eyes. I heard him sigh before he wrapped his arms around my waist to hug me. I returned the favor, and wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled away slowly and ran his tongue over his lips. We were still wrapped up in each other’s arms as he starred down at me, his height towering over mines. He leaned down and kissed me slowly. I kissed back instantly and tightened my arms around his neck. I’m not trying to sound unrealistic, but it did kind of feel like the world around me disappeared, but it was ruined by none other than me, when I pulled away. Zayn back away, his face twisted with regret, happiness, and confusion. I slammed the door and turned around, my fingers running over my lips. My back slid down the door until I was on the floor.

Whoa.

 Was all I had to think about that.

Just Whoa.