I looked at him a bit confused for a second before doing as I was told.

Honestly, Dad looked very upset.

"You go and take a warm shower, okay?" Dad told Y/n as he pulled up into our driveway.

Y/n didn't respond, but it seemed like they at least nodded at Dad from the rear view mirror.

We all got out of the car and Y/n waited for us to enter the house so they could follow.

"Y/N!!!" Mom exclaimed

She looked so surprised that Y/n was in the house. She dropped everything she was doing and ran up to hug Y/n.

I giggled at how uncomfortable Y/n looked.

To them, it might seem like an odd thing for a stranger to do.... but to us... it seemed right.

Mom had been worried about Y/n the most.

While Mom constantly wanted to go out and look for Y/n, Dad always told her that we couldn't interfere in others affairs.

"Y/n knows where to get help now. They'll come when they're ready," Dad always told her.

We didn't know Y/n very much or even at all, but mom always acted as if it was her own kid out on the streets.

"You're all wet, Honey! Go, go. Go take a warm shower. Dani will bring over some clothes for you," Mom worriedly guided Y/n to our restroom.

You could say that the looks on me and my sister's faces were ones of jealousy, but we had been worried too.

We couldn't understand how someone could just let a literal kid live on the streets.

- Y/N POV -

I couldn't lie that warm water felt so good on my skin. It had been a while since I took a proper shower. So, the warm water felt like heaven.

"Y/n, I'm leaving some clothes on the sink counter!" Danielle suddenly yelled through the window.

"Okay," I lowly responded.

I was still in shock from being suddenly brought back into Danielle's house. I couldn't give a proper response from how embarrassed I felt.

After what felt like hours of being in the shower, I dried myself and changed.

I could tell it was Danielle's clothes that had been loaned to me from how small they fit me.

I looked at myself in the mirror and realized it was a little weird to wear a strangers clothes. So, I took off the clothes and put my own back on.

I walked out of the bathroom and walked over to Danielle's room to return her the clothes she had let me borrow.

When I walked in, I immediately walked back out. 

- Danielle POV -

I was starting to change into my family Christmas jammies, when Y/n suddenly walked in.