F! Leo x Reader |adoptive dad|

After Leo basically adopted Casey after Cassandra passed he started earning the nickname 'dad'.

It's not like it was only his close commanders (though that's who it started with) everyone from scout to cook in the resistance would end up calling leo dad at least once.

It started with Leo accidentally calling a commanding officer 'kiddo' after having just been talking with Casey. The officer found it funny and one thing lead to another..

Some time after, Delta scout group four that found you. Just a kid living in the rumble of the West rank of the city.

You were tanned by the elements and your hair was long and matted. You bore kraang scars, though you were very very young. Your build was wired and lanky.

Delta called back to Donnie asking for orders. He asked for an assessment on you.

You could talk, though you were hostile twords the men with guns. Chances were you've already encountered raiders.

Your hard life made you stoic for your age and the most surprising thing was that you were reasonable.

Donnie gave the men orders to bring you back to camp.

They had enough resources and..you were only a kid.

Leo was the one who the Delta Force reporter to after, you in tow.

You were highly uncomfortable. With all the people and guns, objects you didn't understand-- you stood, shaking. They all swore you were stable when they met you, but now you looked like a wild animal. It made them nervous, they resistance couldn't handle unstable people at this state. 

Leo was the one to order the men to give you space and eventually calm you down. He placed a comforting hand on your shoulder and coaxed you to someplace less crowded to actually be able to introduce you to the resistance.

He taught you what they stood for, what they did, who was in the whole group ect. Ect.

Your eyes seemed to fix onto him while he was talking, you gazed at him with admiration. It made Leo fumble only once, you looked too much like Mikey when he was younger.

Clearing his throat he gave you directions to get washed up and gave you places to go to get assimilated into the compound.

Leo thought that was going to be the end of it.. but after a few days Leo began to notice you would follow him anywhere until he gave you something to do.

Today he was walking to another meeting when you tugged on his scarf. he jumped at little to meet your gaze.

How were you so silent? How had you even found him?

"Uh...what are you doing kid?"

You shrugged, stepping a little mote closer to him. After an uncomfortable silence Leo cleared his throat.

"Listen uh.. I gotta meet up with the ration head and..it's very classified..you can't come with me."

You nodded but didn't move. Leo awkwardly nodded and turned around to step inside, catching from the corner of his eye your figure sitting down outside the door.

Sure enough when he left you were sitting outside of the door waiting for him. Leo walked right past you, hoping you wouldn't follow bit of course you did.

It wasn't that he didn't like you-- how could he? He just met you and you just joined. But it made him uncomfortable to have a child around him. Casey was different, he knew what Casey was capable of. He tried the kid himself after all.

He stopped in the hall and faced you.

"Listen- just go to your barrack and see who you can help there alright?"

You nodded and hurried off, eager to please him and obey orders. Leo sighed and walked the rest of the way into Mikey's room for advice.

"Yo mike'n'ike, got a minute?"

"Sure leo, what's wrong?"

"It's about the new recruit."

"What about 'em?"

"You've seen them! They follow me everywhere..its..I don't know-"

"Stressful?"

"That."

"Why?"

"Well- I don't really know the kid and their crazy silent, I can barely hear them most times. It's like their always there, it makes me feel..hunted."

"Have you ever considered that they simply like you?"

"Why would they do that?"

Mikey shook his head with a disappointed sigh.

"You've been the only one to really connect with them. It's possible they look up to you, if so, it's probably a phase. Their a kid after all, being thrown into a bunch of people they don't know and your one of the only faces they know."

Leo thought about this, chewing on the inside of his lip.

"That's..true."

"I know."

He replied mildly.

"Take time to get to know them, make them feel included. Once they get used to being here I'm sure they'll stop."

Leo couldn't argue with that reasoning, it made sense.

"Thanks Mikey.."

"Anytime Leo."

Over the next few weeks Leo made sure to at least talk with you when you would follow him. It was nice to have someone run errands and keep track of his stuff for him.

He grew used to you. His fear was nothing but plain old anxiety, you were harmless, To him at least.

And if course, it wasn't long before you picked up his nickname. You knew his name was Leonardo, but you figured 'dad' must be a title of sorts, if everyone is calling him that.

You trailed behind Leo, listing off what he needed to do.

"And after the artillery meeting it's training with Casey."

"Alright, sounds accurate. Thanks kid."

"No problem dad."

He stopped dead in his tracks, slowly looking over his shoulder to you.

"What did you just call me?"

Anxiety flared up in your chest and shot into your limbs.

"Uh- I uh- Dad sir."

Leo looked you up and down.

"Isn't it a title?"

Your voice came out barely a whisper. Leo's face melted into a soft expression of understanding.

"You doing know what that means, do you?"

"No..?"

Leo nodded.

"It means father, a male figure in your life who provides care. It's an demeaning inside joke I've kept around for moral."

Your face went pale.

"Sorry sir.."

"Your okay kiddo."

Leo ruffled your hair.

"You can call me that, everyone else does."

With a chuckle he kept walking. He wouldn't admit it, but there was something special upon hearing you or Casey call him that.