"I'm sorry for my rudeness. Thank you for sparing me." I said in a formal tone.

"Anyway, let's get back to work." She said as she stood up.

*Time Skip*

(Esdeath)

I stared at the graves of my three subordinates. They were killed in a battle between Night Raid and them.

"Because you were weak, I will avenge your deaths." I said, standing up. "Night Raid, I'll destroy you.."

"Esdeath-sama." Lucifer called me from behind.

I turned around and smiled at him, expecting a job well done from my most trusted and capable servant.

"I have received reports of the six Teigu users you have requested. They're coming soon." He reported.

"Good." I answered. "It's about time to meet them."

I started walking towards my destination and Lucifer follows behind me.

"What are you planning?" He inquired, wondering.

I let out a soft giggle as I decided to answer.

"I'm gonna test them myself." I answered, smirking.

"Sure, you won't need me to do the job?" He asked.

"Yup. Just watch them and memorize their Teigus. It'll come in handy." I said.

"Yes." He answered politely.

(Raijyou)

Esdeath ordered me to get inside first before her as she makes the preparation. I pushed the door calmly and entered inside. They all gave me the stares of wonder as I silently stride through the room.

I stood at the back of the room and just looked all of them and returned the same look at me.

"U-Um.. Are you the boss?" A man with black hair and navy suit asked me.

Esdeath ordered me not to speak and just memorize all of their Teigus so, I just kept silent and just gazed at him without flinching.

He froze as stiff as a statue and just looked away, feeling utterly awkward and embarrassed, I guess. He's definitely thinking of me as a weirdo who doesn't speak..

As I was scrutinizing all of them, I noticed this guy's sword. It's huge and it's like really powerful..

Maybe this is his Teigu...

All of a sudden, Esdeath entered the room, wearing some kind of a mask.

"What are you doing here?! I don't recognize all of you!" Esdeath yelled intimidatingly.

"Hey now, we were called into this room--" the black haired navy man said.

But all of a sudden, Esdeath kicked him so hard that it sent him flying. He was about to collide with me but, I caught him by his shoulder to stop the momentum.

"T-Thanks, man." He said nervously as he was slightly embarrassed.

I just kept silently and gently pushed him away. This guy doesn't seem to be a bad guy, anyway..

I watched Esdeath started attacking the five other members and they all put up a good show. The girl with robotic arms sneaked behind her but, she was caught by her murderous intent. But, the the blonde guy holding a book just neatly dodged the kicks of Esdeath. He's pretty good.. But, are all ended up being beaten by Esdeath in just a blink of an eye. I wasn't able to identify their Teigus completely but, I assumed that some of the Teigus are weapons that they hold.

However, a short black-haired girl who is chewing a biscuit in her mouth sneaked up behind Esdeath and slashed her mask apart, breaking it into pieces.

"As expected of Yatsufusa, it has a sharp cutting edge." Esdeath exclaimed, smirking evilly.

"General Esdeath?!" All of them exclaimed with a surprised expression.

Esdeath softly chuckled as she properly met the six Teigu users.

"Lucifer!" She called me and I stood up then, walked calmly towards her. "Did you get all of that?"

"I wasn't able to properly assume the Teigus of other users but, I was able to grasp each fighting techniques they have." I replied to her.

"Good enough." She exclaimed, crossing her arms but then, she patted my shoulder and introduced me to everyone. "Everyone, I want you to meet, Lucifer. He's my servant but, you can treat him as one of your own ally."

Ally..? She's letting them treat me as a person? Wow, at least, she has a little compassion towards someone despite that frozen heart.

"It is an honor to meet all of you." I bowed my head in respect just as Esdeath taught me.

They all gave me a warm welcome and smiled at me. They.. don't seem to be too bad?

"Dude, thanks for earlier." the man who collided with me said. "I'm Wave."

He stuck his hand out for me to shake and I shook it back, still keeping my professional face. "Nice meeting you."

"Alright, everybody. Let's head out and meet with the emperor." Esdeath said. "Oh and Lucifer."

She turned to me and gave me her usual a closed-mouth smile. "I have a mission for you."

End of Chapter 12