Chapter 16: Things Went A-Rye

Start from the beginning

Kasumi: Tatsumi?

Tatsumi: Hi Mom.

She puts her bread on the counter and hugs her son. He hugs back as Akame smiled at the scene.

Kasumi: My baby! You're safe!

Tatsumi: Yeah. I am. Also, I brought along my girlfriend. Her name's Akame.

Kasumi: Oh? This is Akame?

Tatsumi: Yes.

Kasumi: You're so cute! You're just my son's type! What's it like in the army?

Akame: I'm not in the army.

Kasumi: Oh. So a warrior then? Quite strong! What's the sword like?

Akame: No! I mean, be careful. I forged it with a friend and it has a side effect of poisoning anyone who gets cut by it.

Kasumi: Ok.

A man with black hair, green eyes, and a black coat walks in to see his wife and son, (and future daughter in law.)

Kakeru: Hi son! So you have a girlfriend yet? Let me guess

Kakeru: Hi son! So you have a girlfriend yet? Let me guess. Sayo?

Tatsumi: Dad! No! Not her! Her name's Akame.

Kakeru: She's your girlfriend? Hello, I'm Kakeru.

Akame: I'm Akame.

Kakeru: Which division of the army are you a part of? A Captain, private? Anything of the sort?

Tatsumi: Can I tell you something? Both of you?

Both: Ok?

Tatsumi: But you have to promise, you'll still love me either way.

Kasumi: We will-

Tatsumi: It's something I'm ashamed of saying-

Kakeru: Son, it can't be that perspective changing.

Tatsumi: But do you promise?

Both: We promise.

Tatsumi: *sigh* I became a member of a group of assassins known as Night Raid. We go around killing the evil, corrupt, and greedy, so we can return it back to a pristine state. Sayo and Ieyasu joined as well. We joined because they helped save our lives, and Akame saved mine. I met tons of friends there and also, it's where I met Akame. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you thinking your son is a psychotic serial killer. But, I'm not afraid to say it now. I know this is the worst way to help the Capitol, but it'll help get rid of the corrupt, and we can return every village back to normal.

He braces for rejection, but he gets a hug from both his parents and soon, Akame.

Kakeru: People who'll look at you might see a murderer, but we see an unconventional Robin Hood in our eyes. You're a hero wanting to change the world. So what makes you think we'll hate you?