Chapter 5: Starry Staring Knight

In the real world, Najenda and the rest of the squad were shocked at the sudden events and Tatsumi held onto his charm.

Jin: Guess we're nothing to him now. Thanks a lot!

Jun: But if we can save kingdom and hide these stones, we can prove him wrong!

Jin: You better be right.

Najenda: Ok. Now first, before the whole divine intervention, I was going to say we need to complete a mission. Leone? You accepted a mission?

Leone: An assassination of 3 people. Ogre, an Imperial Guard, Gamal the Oil Merchant, and Ogre's partner in crime, Sir Stevens, a high ranking knight with a Teigu known as Wind Cleaver. In spite of Stevens being seen as a shining example of a hero, the client says he's actually been taking in women who sell their bodies and other homeless or unfortunate who've completely disappeared. And Gamal does crimes and pays off Ogre to look the other way and frame someone else. Stevens says he gives the criminals a chance to join the army, and they accept, but no one has found a single person he "redeemed". They all believe him to be extremely influential, but the woman told me everything. When her fiancé was sentenced to death, Stevens tried to "redeem" him, but his crime was too vile. Stevens even tried to "redeem" her, but she escaped.

Tatsumi: Well, anything else?

Leone: She also smelled sickly, like selling her body, but also armor and books. I think she may have been subjected to his "redemption". And I could tell she ain't lying. Didn't need godly skills for that. Speaking of selling, she paid up front.

Najenda: Ok. Night Raid accepts this assignment. Jin, Jun, this is your chance to prove your worth. And get Sayo and Ieyasu in on this as stealth fighters.

Leone: Me, Akame, and the two chef rookies will deal with Gamal. But we don't know what to do with Stevens and Ogre. People love Stevens, so he's everywhere. They're both never seen without a crowd or a group of people. It got to the point where all of Gamal's payments are to Ogre's personal chambers. Not to mention, Stevens is very private, and his "rehabilitation facilities" are where he hangs around a lot, but are also guarded. Luckily him and Ogre are good friends, and drink together on days off. However, Ogre is tough, and Stevens is a high ranking knight for his "kindness" and also his power from his Wind Cleaver, a sword that not only grabs onto the air and creates blades, but also can give extra power from oxygen. We'll give it to Sayo or Ieyasu.

Jin: We'll go after the sons of bitches and kill them.

Najenda: Ok, I know Jin can kill. After all, you don't care for humans that much and can kill without detachment. But are you sure you both can kill? Tatsumi and Jun, I'm talking about you two.

Jun: If shedding blood of evil is what it'll take us to get home and save this kingdom, I have no choice.

Tatsumi: And besides. I nearly lost my friends. I'm lucky they're even alive. I can't just sit around and wait for help to arrive when Ogre and Stevens are forcibly killing and "redeeming" people. It's just not right!

Akame: (So selfless and kind. Even if he's killing.) You do have to be careful though. If you go in with arrogance, you'll die.

Tatsumi was shocked that Akame would say that, but Jin and Jun didn't care.

Akame: You two as well. Just because you've had millennia or centuries or whatever, you don't have it in assassination. So be careful. I don't want those Teigu falling in the wrong hands.

She walks off to prepare to assassinate Gamal while Tatsumi starts to feel a bit nervous.

Tatsumi: (She thinks I can't do it because I've never murdered people. But I can prove it here.)