Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"i still don't get why you two gotta tag along. fuckin' freaks." He grumbled the last part to himself. a Blue, who was in front, turned on his heels. A sour expression painted his face as his cyan pinpricks shot at him like bullets.

The morning markets in town.

Multiple stalls were set up with persistent owners begging customers to look their way. Flags high in the air, banners that read good sales, this place could be a festival. The smell of fresh baked goods mixed with grilled barbecued wafted in the air, he almost drooled a puddle right then and there if it wasn't for the ear-piercing screams of children around and Blue.

Fortunately, the crowd wasn't as suffocating but was still littered around with some humans and monsters alike. It was only five past ten in the morning, meaning he had to suffer with the sea of people when it struck noon.

Usually, he sleeps past noon, 2 PM can be considered good morning too! He planned to check out the place, a quick in and out.

"BECAUSE RED IT'S BETTER THAT WE GO TOGETHER! I DON'T GET WHY YOU HATE BEING AROUND US ALL THE TIME." He innocently smiled. "PLUS I LIKE SHOPPING! WE STILL NEED TO BUY A FEW THINGS FOR THE HOUSE!" Blue let out his signature laugh, happily strolling down to the bustling stalls. Red quickly let out a low snarl, glaring sharp daggers at the back of his skull.

"I EVEN MADE A LIST FOR US! SO I EXPECT THE TWO OF YOU NOT TO GET SIDETRACKED!" He exclaimed with stars in his sockets. However, it quickly faded away as a blur of crimson decided to ditch the group. His counterpart yelled his name instantly. The said skeleton whipped his head around to mindlessly shrug, smirking with an obvious glint in his sockets.

"c'mon pal. just relax." Stretch piped at him, casually popping a lollipop between his teeth.

Easy for him to say.

"whatever..."

Normally he could shortcut away from these two numbskulls but Stretch always managed to be one step ahead of him. Quickly snatching the back of his hood to drag him along. Wasn't he the one who gets dragged by Blue? For a swapped alternate version of him, he did seem to be more energetic between him and the classic.

The short skeleton sighed, pinching the bridge of his brow bone. "WHAT DOES THE MAGNIFICENT ME NEED TO DO SO YOU'D LISTEN FOR ONCE!"

Red replied nonchalantly, "dunno. don't have ears." The reaction from Blue only satisfied his irritation. Stomping his blue boot on the ground. Red was trying his hardest to be as annoying as he could, also known as being himself, as he continued to throw jab after jab. However before he could continue, a skeletal hand squeezed his shoulder.

Red only let out a confused "what?" as he turned and looked up to Stretch. His quiet chuckles and smug nature quickly vanished into pure dread. Bits of sweat dripped down his skull as his intimidating stature loomed over him like a tower. The said skeleton made a face at him that read 'be nice or else' before reverting back into his own little world, unfazed by anyone's antics.

Red shuddered once he let go.

Guess he lived to see another day.

'weird alternate me's...'

"what's on the list bro?" His brother asked as he swirled the stick in hand. Blue reverted back to his optimistic self, patting down his pockets to receive said list. His hand pulled out...

...nothing?

Panic slowly settled inside his skull as he awkwardly laughed. Red rolled his eyelights again as Sretch stepped in to question the sudden holdup. The two of them briefly conversed, Blue being the one frantically trailing his arms about as the orange-clad nodded along.