Spray Painting

Miles was always at the same spot his uncle showed him to spray paint before he died

Miles was always at the same spot his uncle showed him to spray paint before he died. Not only was it heaven for Miles, but it was also the last place with a good memory with Aaron.

He was busy spray painting his name in his signature colors, red and black when Melody appeared out of nowhere, hanging on the ceiling in her spider-suit.

"You know this is public property, right, Morales?" she asked, startling Miles. Miles let out a very girly scream and jumped. Melody landed on the floor, laughing hysterically. "That isn't funny Mel! Jeez, you almost gave me a heart attack." Miles said, trying to process everything. He turned to Melody.

"What are you even doing here?"

"Just patrolling the city, then I heard the spray paint noises,"

Melody narrowed her eyes, "What are YOU doing here?!"

Miles shrugged, "Just wanted to clear my head,"

"By breaking the law of vandalism?" Melody laughed.

"My uncle showed me this place and y'know- it just stuck with me!"

Melody nodded and understood why Miles came here. Melody was the complete opposite. If there was a place that reminded her of one of her dead loved ones, she was never going again. It would just be best for her. But, she was glad Miles had his coping mechanisms.

Miles handed Melody a purple spray can, "You wanna try?" "I-I shouldn't-" Melody's eyes shifted back and forth from Miles to the can. "I don't even know how to spray paint, heh," she continued to make excuses. Miles smiled, "I can teach you, you know."

Melody gave in. She took off her suit, leaving her in a purple cardigan, baggy jeans, purple Jordan 1's and her growing curly hair in a bun. She took the can from Miles and waited for his instructions.

"Okay, first, write your name...and write it big," Miles instructed. Melody listened to Miles and painted her her name. Miles then picked up a blue spray can and stood behind Melody. Melody was taken aback when Miles held her wrist after she was given the other spray can. "I'll help you with this one, Mel." Miles mumbled near her ear.

After a while, they were finally done with Melody's name. Melody started to actually like spray painting! "Can we...do another...together?" Melody asked, a bit embarrassed. Miles was shocked that Melody asked. "Oh- of course we can!" His eyes sparkled with excitement.

Together, they released a kaleidoscope of colors over the cold grey wall. As the masterpiece, a colorful tapestry of their shared memories and unspoken emotions, came to life, their laughter echoed in the empty spaces around them.

The city sparkled with far-off lights as the night became darker, and the two teenager's faces were lit by the brilliance of their creation.

Melody and Miles sat shoulder to shoulder as they caught their breath. In the silence of the moment, it occurred to them individually that their friendship had changed, had become an abstract representation of feelings that extended beyond simple friendship.

Miles turned towards Melody, the unspoken facts reflected in his stare. "We make a pretty good team, don't we?"

Melody grinned, her heart fluttering like a butterfly's wings.

"The best."