She's Home

It was finally the day

Melody was coming back home from Columbia.

Miles was the first to get up, of course. He got up at 6am, ate quickly, took an INTENSE shower, hell, he even washed his hair.

  Jefferson walked in the bathroom when Miles was only in his towel, pouring a crazy amount of listerine in a cup. "Miles, what are you doing up so early..." Jefferson drowsily asked, rubbing his eyes. "Melody's comin' back today and I gotta be ready!" Miles protested.

"You know we aren't picking her up until like- 11, right?" Jeff laughed. "It's not a bad thing to be preparing early!" Miles defended himself.

Everything had to go right today. His breath, his clothes, his perfume, his smile, even how he said "Hi" to her.

"I can't believe you and your mother made me rent a whole car for a few hours just for this," Jeff grumbled.

  A few hours had passed and it was now 10 o'clock. As Jeff was on his way back to home with the rented car and Rio cooking lunch for the Myers' when they arrived, Miles did another self-check, making sure he was 100% ready.

Nice hairstyle? Check.

His Jordan's? Check.

Cologne on point? Big check.

Excitement rushed through him as he heard his mother calling from outside, "¡Vamos, Miles, vamos! (Come on, Miles, let's go!)". Miles ran quickly outside, almost tripping on his always untied shoe laces.

At The Airport...

  The sound of enthusiastic voices, whirring luggage, and the occasional overhead announcement filled the airport as it came. 

Miles stood by the arrival gate, excitement pumping through him amidst the sea of strangers. With the thought of meeting up with Melody again, his heart raced as his eyes darted between the glass doors and the digital arrivals board.

  His lips curved into a smile as he tapped through past pictures of their adventures, his fingers tapping nervously on his phone screen.

  The arrival board suddenly blinked, indicating Melody's flight had arrived. With a skip in his heartbeat, Miles began his way towards the gate, staring intently at the sliding glass doors.

There was an obvious feeling of excitement in the air, and Miles couldn't get rid of the energising vibe that filled the atmosphere.

  Miles held his breath as the doors opened. A rush of travellers came out, every face examined for a recognisable set of shining brown eyes and a head of black curly hair.

Just when he was starting to feel doubt creep in, there she was, Melody Myers, a representation of warmth and liveliness among the crowd.

  When their eyes met, it felt as though time had stopped. As Miles and Melody ran towards each other, the bustle of the airport faded from view.

Miles pulled Melody into a tight hug as they both burst into laughter. 

It seemed for a brief instant that everything revolved around their happiness at being together.

"Mel, you have no idea how much I missed you," Miles admitted, his voice smothering with emotion.

"It's been like- a week, Morales!" Melody chuckled, letting go from the hug. 

Ariella walked over to Rio and Jeff, hugging Rio.

Everyone walked out the airport as Miles and Melody catch up and share exciting stories that took place when they weren't together.