Mixed POV

Shepard sat next to the pod contemplating what to do. The situation she found herself in was unexpected.

Why would they leave this here? the voice asked.

This must have been a transport vessel, Shepard assumed. Why else would this pod be here? To think it has survived in this condition... This alien technology is beyond what the human race is capable of. We just achieved space flight but from what I've seen so far the alien race is advanced.

That's not what I mean, the voice stated. I'm referring to the thing inside the pod.

Right, the thing inside the pod...

Shepard looked inside the pod once more and saw a small figure huddled against itself just like a fetus would be as it grew.

I don't think they would have left this by accident, Shepard replied. I wonder if this is why the aliens were so hostile when we first appeared in the sector.

From what I gathered from the Alliance servers, we activated a mass relay that was inactive in the area. After we entered the relay and got spat out here, an enemy battleship appeared within a few hours.

So, you're thinking that this area was being monitored before we showed up?

Yes.

If it was being monitored by a battlecruiser then why would a transport vessel be in this area in the first place? Why would this be here?

It doesn't add up, the voice agreed.

Enemy vessel will arrive in 5 minutes, the voice continued. Do you have a plan?

'Of course, I don't', Shepard wanted to say but, she knew she didn't need to. This thing in her brain already knew she didn't have a plan.

Shepard remained seated in her position as she heard the ship dock. She heard the sound of rushed footsteps approaching her position.

Encounter in 5..4..3..2...

The aliens rushed into the room in a tactical formation, there were three of them and they all had their weapons pointed at her. Shepard stared at them wondering if they were going to shoot her. The three aliens were all suited up in gear she had never seen before. Her theory of the aliens being more advanced than the human race was tangible.

"I'm assuming you're here for this thing?" Shepard asked no one in particular as she tapped the pod next to her.

One of the aliens spoke, not that Shepard could understand what they were saying.

"I'm assuming you can't understand what I'm saying," Shepard continued. "Any chance we can deal with this peacefully?"

"How about I let you take this thing without any fighting?"

I must advise you that the gravitational pull from the planet has increased dramatically. We must leave the vicinity before this broken vessel gets pulled in. We won't survive if we go down with it.

We can't leave without a ship, Shepard reminded the voice. Unless you have figured out a way to high-jack the alien spacecraft.

We can leave with the aliens, the voice suggested.

How much time do we have before we are pulled in? Shepard asked.

15 minutes.

Damn, that doesn't give us much time...

If you can high-jack the spaceship I suggest you do it now, Shepard said as the aliens before her started to move.

                                                                          **Change POV**