Forty Five

So guys this here is the last part of this love story, enjoy. I love this story, one of my personal favourites. Thank you so much for your ideas, love and support. Head over and check out Prohibited Devotion if you haven't. In the coming days the first part of my new work will be posted so keep your eyes peeled.

Their love was special, unique in every way. They had found each other when neither of them were looking for anyone. Their relationship was based entirely on truths, love , trust and respect. No secret was ever kept between them.

That is the biggest reason why at only one year into their relationship they were living together and expecting their first child. They were utterly in love. Their love story was one many craved, one many wanted as their own.

Derek worshipped the ground she walked on, he loved her with his entire heart. She was the light in his darkness. The day she agreed to marry him his entire world changed. He knew that day that his entire future stood before him.

She had known early into their relationship he was all she wanted, he was the one who made her smile, who made her blush crazily at the smallest and silliest things. He had saved her in many ways, made her realise her worth, he had pulled her through every dark moment.

Now he was the father to their beautiful son, Samuel Shepherd. The most handsome five year old. He had the most beautiful smile like his mum. His eyes were the image of Meredith's but his dark hair was all Derek.

Meredith and Derek raised their son as they planned their wedding. A fairy tail wedding they called it. Derek said it had to be fit for a queen.

In the years they raised Samuel, Derek was made the chief of his own Intelligence Unit. Ruby had retired and now enjoyed home life with Meredith and Samuel. Derek now stood proud with his one year old fully trained male K-9. Rex.

Of course the day of their wedding had come around quickly, today was the day that after six years of love, memories and happiness they became one bound by their vows.

They had chosen a venue that held a special part in their hearts, the beach outside of the beachouse. However they were being married on the cliff.

Derek, Mark, Owen and Charles walked around, making sure everything was set up to perfection. Derek wouldn't have anything else for her.

"Daddy daddy daddy" Samuel clapped as he ran around. Derek chuckled as Katie, Owen and Amelia's 4 year old daughter ran up to them. When Owen and Amelia first announced their love it was a shock but now here they were, their child happily running around with her cousin.

"Addison says Anastasia and Katie need to be taken up" Mark chuckled. He and Addison were an unlikely pair, but after Sam broke her heart the two just fell in love. That was four years ago now. Anastasia was two, the most beautiful girl. Mark had been shocked when he found out but he loved his daughter with his entire soul.

"Look at you three eh? My Derek is getting married as has a beautiful baby boy , My Amelia is engaged to you with a little girl then you Mark boy finally found the one for you" Charles spoke in pure pride.

"Lets not forget Kathleen who is already married to Paul with little Leo" Derek chuckled, in the past five years everything had changed as had everyone.

"I am here to collect the children. Derek your bride is stunning"Carolyn beamed "Samuel your mummy is waiting for you" The little boy ran to his nanna with the biggest smile. "Three hours son, three hours and she will be yours forever" Derek chuckled.

"She already was but this just solidifies it all" He nodded as she walked away.

/

"I can't believe today is the day, I am actually marrying Derek"Meredith giggled as Addison finished her makeup. Kathleen, Lizzy, Lacey and Amelia were bridesmaids, Addison was maid of honour, Katie and Anastasia were the flower girls.