I'm so glad I got away from that man but losing custody of my child made me want to go back for my son.

But, if I choose to go back to him, I might die this time.

That man is an abusive asshole who's a nasty narcissist.

"Mi hate him,"

"Same," I agreed.

Why was I even with him? Right, the money, because my mother knew he had money at the time and since we are poor she wanted me to date him.

Plus he was super nice and caring at the beginning. Note at the beginning.

But now I can see his true colors.

"Paris!" Mommy yelled from the back door of our run down board house.

"Yes mommy!" Paris yelled back while scrunching up her face.

She got up and walk towards the door when mommy didn't respond.

Why parents do dhat?

After carefully passing the holes and rotten boards in the floor she made her way through the backdoor.

I missed Aiden.

I picked up my cracked up blu phone and unlocked it. I dialed Aaron's number with my fingers crossed.

Aiden's school wasn't in session today because the school was low on water.

When it went to voicemail, I tried again.

I just want to say hi to my son.

I haven't talked to him in a week and it was driving me insane.

The phone answered and Aaron spoke first.

"Wah di fuck uh a ring off mi bird fah Paige?" he asked and I could hear our son talking in the background.

"Mi can talk to Aiden please—"

"Him a sleep," he said

"Aaron please, mi can hear him voice—"

The called ended and I moved the phone from my ear. A tear ran down my cheek and I covered my face.

Mi hate Aaron

"So Paige uh no have work? Sidung in deh a do foolishness, uh might ano lose uh frigging job," Mom's loud and vulgar voice pierce through my ears and I hissed.

I hated my job

I worked as a bartender and half of the time I'm mistaken for a sex worker because of our uniform.

Aaron hated my job but yet he made me work there so I could bring food to the table but now him a chop and have money so him push mi aside.

I wanted to quit my job after our breakup but it's not like I could do better.

I was twenty years old with no cxc subjects, no other job experience, no education.

Trust mi it wasn't by choice.

I stopped going to school when I was fifteen and I got pregnant when I was seventeen.

"A ready mi ago ready mommy," I said

I peeled my body off the old worn out bed and stood to my feet.

I walked towards my clothes basket and grabbed my towel and undergarments for my shower.

I went outside and walked towards the outside bathroom. The four corners of zinc walls could hardly stop anyone outside from seeing you nude because of the holes in the zincs.