Chapter 2 - Ghost Call

Start from the beginning

I looked down at the ground, shrugging and making a face as I grimaced slightly, "I know. Trust me, I know how to reset a bone on my own by now. My limbs are still fully intact, aren't they?"

Griffin furrowed his brows, grimacing slightly as he shook his head, "Jesus, Cat. I thought you knew how to ride a motorcycle-"

"I do know how to ride a motorcycle, ass-hat. That's not why I keep eating gravel at the end of your driveway? It's because every time I teleport while I'm on my bike- I keep going at forty-miles an hour on my own? And my bike drives itself until I remember how to stop it."

Griffin made a face, grimacing in pain and looking away, "Damn. You are a lot tougher than you look. How long have you even been out here? This driveway looks like a human cheese grater?"

I made a face, shrugging in agreement, "Because it kind of is? Don't worry, I'll hose it off later..."

Griffin let out a short laugh, looking back at me with a slightly uncomfortable smile, "Well, it looks like it's about to rain soon anyway, so don't worry about it. Just come inside, okay? It was my turn to make lunch- even if it is a late lunch- so, I hope you like sandwiches?"

I shrugged with a half smile, "As long as I didn't make it, I'll eat it. Free food always tastes better."

Griffin's face eased up, furrowing his brows with a slight smile, "That's a sad way to look at things, but okay? Put that thing back in the garage, come on."

I furrowed my brows as I watched him turn away, looking back and grabbing onto the handlebars, kicking up the kickstand again and wheeling it around, "His name is Angel. And why does everyone always act like they have to babysit me? I know when to take a break and eat, okay?"

Griffin shrugged, walking away with his back still turned to me, "Because you've been known to go without eating for over twenty-four hours before? I'm starting to wonder if you even need food to survive?"

I furrowed my brows as I simmered on the thought, wheeling the bike behind Griffin and shrugging to myself, "Never really thought about that before, but maybe it just takes me longer to starve to death? I still get hungry? I'm just ADHD as hell, and my brain laser focuses on a task so much that I don't even notice I'm hungry or even thirsty? That ain't new. I've pretty much done that my whole life..."

Griffin glanced back as he reached the tall door of the garage, making a face as he turned back and gave me a look, "Yeah, well, even normal people with ADHD know to eat at least every ten hours? It's just because you've also always been a super freak?"

I gave him a mocking look, wheeling the bike into the garage and setting it up on its own before kicking down the stand again and shrugging in agreement, "It comes with the territory."

Griffin and I were now walking alongside each other through the hallways of the mansion, passing the main foyer when I glanced back, noticing a slightly troubled look on his face with his eyes mostly staying on the floor in front of him as he walked.

I looked back ahead, admiring the tall arches and checkered black and white marble floors when I shrugged to myself, "So... How are you doing?"

Griffin glanced back, furrowing his brows and shaking his head as he looked back ahead, "No. We're not doing this. It might work on Sam and Dean, but it's not gonna work on me, alright?"

I shrugged with a smirk, "Yeah, well, I also only promised them that I wouldn't read their minds. You and Mandy are free reign."

Griffin gave me a look, shaking his head as he turned his head back again, "Pretty sure you don't need to be a mind reader to know how I'm feeling? I was just mind-fucked by your sister."