Chapter 20 - Future Preparation

Kitsuo's POV

A few weeks had passed since Youm's arrival in Tempest. After his short tour around the town, he returned and expressed his agreement to the 'Hero Plan'. After that, we all got kind of busy.

Hakurou trained Youm and his party, while I taught some of their mages. Ronmel in particular was ecstatic to learn some magic. Thankfully, I was able to teach them some spells and how to shorten their cast times. I also taught them the basics on magic formation creation, and combination spells. I'd say that they did great, but it was still under my expectations.

Oh well, not like everyone has a cheat code in magic like I do. That aside, Kaijin, Kurobe and I also worked overtime to forge some equipment for them. Armor that can absorb a great amount of damage that doesn't restrict movement too much, robes for the mages, equipped with some enchantments that will help their casting, some magic staves, swords, bows and arrows as well.

Nearly all the equipment we made were Rare Grade, with some being Unique Grade as well. Safe to say, all the adventurers were incredibly happy for these.

After all the training, they turned from a group of ruffians and rookie adventurers, into a party worthy of being called heroes or champions. Hakurou in particular was quite happy about this. Although they were still lacking in several aspects, they have really come a long way since the start.

Of course, I didn't just teach magic and create equipment. They needed some real battle experience as well, which is where me and my beasts come in. At first, they struggled to even touch the monkey, but now... they can hold up against most of my beasts at once. Although they still struggled against the serpent's illusions and mirages and the rabbit's constant magic barrages.

Their record against my beasts was 19 minutes and 37 seconds. Which is not half bad. The party does crumble when Youm is taken out of the equation, but Ronmel did serve as an acceptable improvised leader. If this was the [Labyrinth], I would fight them myself and adjusted the difficulty accordingly, but... Yeah I don't know if I'll accidentally kill them or not.

Anyways, their skills are convincing enough for the story that they killed the [Orc Lord] with our assistance. In fact, if they did fight against the [Orc Lord], they could probably hold out for a couple minutes. The [Orc Army] would probably be probe to be a problem for them, and Youm's party would have to resort to guerrilla tactics. So, as long as they play their cards right, they can do a number against the [Orc Army].

I doubt that anyone would believe the story, especially if they knew that the [Orc Army] numbered in the twenty-thousands. But no one needs to know that fact right? Information within this forest is quite veiled, so manipulating it is quite an easy task in of itself. Since we are the only witnesses of it (ignoring Clayman, Frey, Milim and Carrion), the flow of information is up to us to decide.

"Ronmel headed back to Falmuth shortly before us. He was ecstatic about reporting the [Orc Lord]'s defeat," Youm said to us. "Well... not like we were the ones who defeated it anyways."

He scratched his cheek.

He and his party were now preparing to leave Tempest and head back to Falmuth. After talking it over with Fuze and the others, there are already rumors circulating about the [Orc Lord]'s defeat. The rumor goes as follows : The [Orc Lord] was defeated by a party sent by the Falmuth Kingdom. That party was assisted by Blumund's Adventurers guild. And lastly, the party's equipment was supplied by the nation of monsters forming in the forest.