Chapter 19 - Caretaking

A/N : Heya I'm back. This chap is more or less filler with some character relationship building. The next chap will be the last one before Kitsuo's 'solo' adventure throughout the West. Expect the next few chapters to come out rather quickly (in a week lol). After the 23rd, I'm completely free, but I think I'll be grinding the shit out of Wuthering Waves, so some chapters might stagnate then. Anyways, enjoy. Next chapter might be out in 2-3 days.

Kitsuo's POV

"So good!" Milim yelled out in delight.

"This thing called curry is so good!"

A childish, yet endearing reaction. However, as the person making the food, I feel like I'm slaving away.

"Seconds!" her yell was heard from the kitchen.

"Hey, Milim wants.." Shizue said absentmindedly

"I know, I know. Gosh she eats a lot.."

"Well, she is a Demon Lord."

"Still doesn't justify her blackhole of a stomach."

Shizue let out a muffled laugh at my sorry attempt for a joke.

How much I complained about that fact didn't matter though, as I'd just keep making it.

I sighed.

"At this rate, we won't even be eating dinner," I muttered.

"Ah it'll be fine~ We can just have some food later. Besides, the both of us don't even require food to survive."

"True that. Anyways, do you have any experience in baking?" I inquired.

"Hm? Not really. Although I have tasted some sweets in the Capital of Inglassia before. Why do you ask?" She titled her head at my question.

"Not much of a reason. Milim seemed to like the honey that Rimuru gave her. I just thought that she'd like some sweets as well."

She looked at me blankly for a second.

"You're acting as if she's your daughter or little sister," she commented.

"Meh, you're not that far off."

She laughed at my admission before handing me the cut meat and vegetables.

"Now, make the curry."

"I made my batch already," I said to her

She pouted.

"Why does that matter? Yours tastes better anyways."

I sighed, "Fine, fine. You can go ahead to the cafeteria then. Go ahead and talk with Rimuru."

I took the meat and vegetables and heated some oil in the pan.

"Thanks!" She quickly said before dashing off to the cafeteria, while bringing the batch of curry that I made.

I let out a dry chuckle.

'My teases don't even affect her that much anymore..'

<< I'd say you're being too predictable with it >>

'Ya think I'm not aware of that?'

<< So you're just not smart enough to change it, despite knowing it's too predictable >>

'Somewhat. Your remarks are also getting predictable'

<< ... Darn it >>

I smirked and tried to hold my laughter. After all, wouldn't I seem like a crazy person just suddenly bursting out in laughter?