Kung Fu Cop

"Ivy!" Jerry ran over to the girl who was standing at her locker collecting her books

"Ivy!" Jerry ran over to the girl who was standing at her locker collecting her books. "Guess what time it is."

"8:03," Ivy responded looking at her watch, getting the boy to roll his eyes in response.

"That's not what I meant," Jerry raised up a piece of paper into the girl's eyesight. "I meant, guess what time of the year it is."

Ivy knew what the paper said before she even had to read it, she had been looking forward to this time of year since summer break was over.

"It's finally here," Ivy gasped, grabbing the paper from Jerry's hand.

"The Seaford's Scavenger Hunt," both of the kids said together, giving each other wicked smiles.

"Watch out, Seaford," Jerry pretended to dust some dirt off his jacket. "'Cause the reigning champions of the past two years are ready to make it three."

"Well, we still have to get the third reigning champion with us in order to make this team complete," Ivy took a photo of the paper and texted it to her brother, Andrew.

"Tell him to make sure we got a full tank of gas in the car this time, we can't have a repeat of last year."

"At least we got to the gas station in time," Ivy shrugged, putting her phone back in her pocket. "Would've sucked if we broke down on the side of that mountain."

Jerry and Ivy met up with Eddie and Milton just as Jack raced around the corner of the hall.

"I got it! Guys, I got it. The line at Game Player was a mile long. I didn't get any sleep, but it was worth it," he held up the video game that the boys have been talking nonstop about for the past few weeks. "I am the proud owner of Kung Fu Cop 77."

"Nice!" Eddie nodded, looking at the game closely.

"I know what you have to go through when there's a hot new game on the market," Milton shook his head. "I had to wait two hours when French Horn Hero came out."

"Hours?" Ivy raised an eyebrow. "Not seconds?"

"There was a line for French Horn Hero?" Eddie asked.

"No, there was a line of jocks waiting to see who was gonna buy it."

"Hey, guys," Kim greeted as she passed them in the hallway, getting the greeting return to her as she got to her locker.

"Yo, Eddie," Jerry walked up to Eddie, throwing an arm around the boy's shoulders. "I heard Stacy Weisman in your gym class really likes you."

"She likes me?" Eddie questioned as a smile graced his face. "I'm gonna ask her out."

"Do you even know who she is?" Jack scoffed.

"No. But she's a girl, and that's my type."

"Yeah, Jack, don't ruin this for him," Ivy scoffed back at Jack playfully. Jack smiled and shook his head at her.