The Commercial

The group stood in the dojo watching Jack and Ivy as they sparred together

The group stood in the dojo watching Jack and Ivy as they sparred together. Each other barely being able to touch the other due to how fast they reacted to the other.

"Sorry I'm late, everyone, but I've got some big news" Rudy greeted, walking into the dojo. Ivy and Jack stopped their sparring to see what their sensei had to say. "I've been studying acting at the Even You Can Act Academy. Turns out even I can act. My teacher is Dan Lamont former star of Beach Patrol."

"Who?" Ivy asked before taking a drink of her water.

"I loved Beach Patrol," Eddie grinned excitedly. "They had Loretta the talking dolphin."

"Hmm," Kim nodded. "That dolphin's all attitude. Talk to the fin 'cause the blowhole ain't listening."

"You know, that just made me really happy that I didn't watch that show," Ivy snickered.

"Dan Lamont's class is very exclusive," Rudy bragged. "You have to go through an incredibly rigorous selection process."

"By 'rigorous' you mean the free lesson coupon stuck under your windshield wiper?" Jack asked with a raised eyebrow.

"For your information, Dan himself told me he thinks I have real talent. Here let me show you guys an exercise we learned today in class. It's called improv."

"Improv?" Eddie repeated.

"It's when you don't have a script and you have to create scene by bouncing off your and your scene partner's ideas," Ivy informed, gaining many weird looks from her friends. "What? I was in a local theatre's production of Beauty and the Beast, I may have only been nine years old, but I nailed the three lines I was given."

"Okay," Rudy nodded before turning to Jack. "Jack, be my scene partner."

"Why not Ivy?" Jack questioned pointing at the girl across from him. "She knows what she's doing. Plus, acting is really not my thing."

Rudy glanced over at Ivy before turning back to Jack. "I think someone with less experience would be better for me. Don't worry. Just let my talent drive the train. Okay, here's the scene. We're in a..." Rudy looked around before grabbing a cart full of mats and bringing it over to them. "We're in a minimart. And you're the clerk and I'm... 'ze' king of France."

Rudy grabbed an empty bucket and wore it as a hat before grabbing a bo-staff to complete the look.

"Would you care for a candy bar? They're king-sized?" Jack asked as Rudy approached the mats.

The group laughed at his joke as Rudy nodded his head with a smug smile on his face. "Oui, Oui."

"Sorry, you can't do that here. Bathroom's broken," Jack shook his head as the laughter continued. "If you have to go wee-wee, you gotta hold it till you get back to your own throne."