Chapter 12 - First FranXX deployment [Rewrite]

Start from the beginning

Using the joystick, Ryo started to operate the Franxx.

*Bam*

Although it was a bit hard to operate the FranXX, they were able to take the first step without any problem. Making Ryo and Zero Two gain confidence as soon they take their second, third, and so on steps till they get used to operating the basics of the FranXX.

-

The tutorial went smoothly for both Ryo and Zero Two. From normal steps, they learned how to run, slide on the ground for faster movement, do flips, fly, use boosters to change directions and use the spear for various actions and attacks.

It took them an hour to master the basics.

As they were done mastering the basics, they were instructed to do various advanced actions like using two different actions to support each other out and enhance the actions. This again took an hour for them.

-

<Congratulations Code Zero Two, Code Zero Three. Your records will be saved in the archives to prepare the best training course. The tutorial has come to an end.>

<The protective shield will go down after 5 minutes. Please prepare yourself for the stampede wave. You will be fighting for 3 hours and your record will be updated according to your scores.>

<Good Luck!>

Listening to the announcement, signed in relief. And freed one of his hands from his controller to loosen up the tight suit covering his neck. Then he looked at Zero Two who straightened her back a bit and removed the stress that was on her spine as she had been in an awkward position for too long.

Standing up, Ryo hugs her softly and asks, "Stressed?"

"... Hn."

Staying a bit silent for an instant, Zero Two loosens her body and melts her body into Ryo's body and nods. Unlike their usual training, the battlefield is a completely different thing, especially for someone who is experiencing it for the first time.

The training ground was completely silent, giving it a creepy vibe with the red sky. It was as if they were in hell.

Thinking for a while to figure out a way to make Zero Two feel less stressed, he continued to hug her from the back and stroke her arms slowly, making Zero Two feel much more relaxed. Listening to the soft breathing sound and the soft heartbeat sound in Ryo's chest, Zero Two felt warm.

If she could, she would have stayed like that for a whole eternity.

<Attention, the cooldown period is one minute. Please prepare yourself for further assessments and combat.>

Ryo slowly let Zero Two leave his embrace. Looking at her disappointed face, Ryo chuckled.

Moving his hands through her neck to her tailbone along the spine, Ryo stroked her back and reaching out to her ear from back, in a soft voice he whispered, "My dear angel, if we do great in the battle, I will let you hug me for as long as you want today and will even show you a new way to 'Kissing'"

Listening to Ryo whispering in her ears and stroking her back following her spine, her body trembled as she felt a tingle go down her spine. Then with a red face, she hid her face from Ryo's sight and shouted, "L-Let's destroy these Klaxos, Darling!"

Laughing, Ryo seated himself in his cockpit and held the controllers. He was really enjoying teasing the pure-minded Zero Two. "Haha! Let's destroy these Klaxos, my dear angel!"

Saying that Ryo smiled crazily as he felt adrenaline rush his body as he saw the shield crash down into small particles and Klaxosaurs roaring in the distance. It has been several years since he had experienced a good battle.