¹⁸

Eighteen |

Night came and just like how they planned to meet at the circuit, here he was waiting for the girl in his car. He purposely arrived 5 minutes early, afraid if she arrived first and has to wait for him.

The circuit is empty tonight, there's no game and no one's planning to hang out here.

Baby pink Toyota gt86 pulled up next to his Black Nissan GTR, stealing his attention who was scrolling on his phone. The window rolled down and Hyeji waved her hands, smiling brightly.

Jisung chuckled and hop off from the car.

"Cute car"

'Just like you'

Hyeji stuffed her hands in the jacket, shrugging. "Thank you, this is my favorite baby"
Jisung hummed and looked around the circuit, "so why do you want to meet me here? Seems like you're addicted to see me" he jokingly said and Hyeji nodded.

"It's been a while since I tried the circuit– so I'm thinking about testing my skills back"

Jisung gave her unsure look. "Are you sure, Hyeji? I know you're trying to overcome your fear– but are you really sure?"

Hyeji confidently nodded, "127% sure"

She opened the door and asked him to get in. "I just need you to sit prettily and let me show you my old skills" she closed the door and hop in the driver seat.

Jisung pursed his lips before gulping hard, "do I really need to be here? I can watch you from my car" he nervously laughed. Hyeji shook her head, "no, you're going to company me"

The male immediately buckled his seatbelt once the girl started ramping. Hyeji smiled widely at the heaven sounds of her car. It's really been a while.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked gripping the seatbelt, making the girl rolled her eyes. She entered the first gear and Jisung's eyes widened.

"Let me show you my definition of Highway to heaven" he closed his eyes, shaking his head after hearing her words and smug face. "Hyeji, I don't want to die yet! How much I miss my parents, I don't want to meet them this soon– I still need to pay Jaemin hyung debt at least!"

Hyeji grinned, "I'll make you pay him after this ride"

And with that, the car started speeding on the circuit. Jisung's breath hitched as the speed increasing. "Hyeji, slow down!"

"Park Jisung, you're a racer yourself and you're not slowing on the track!" she chuckled and when they almost reach the corner, here is the point where she flex her skills by drifting smoothly.

"HOLY SHIT LEE HYEJI"

The meters just increased and Hyeji tightened the gripped on the steering.
"Do it like how father did it, Hyeji" –her thought, trying to stay positive while currently fighting with her fear.

Jisung glanced towards the girl from time to time can't believe he's actually in this situation. He saw how her eyes glistening and her knuckled turning white by gripping the steering but smile still plastering on her face.

They passed the spot where the accident happened and Jisung could see how Hyeji's eyes filled with fear.

"I need end this shit" she mumbled, ignoring the sick feeling and continued pressing the pedal.

The sounds of tons people screaming and panicking occupied in her ears, more tears pooled in her eyes nevertheless her feet continue pressing the pedal, hands gripping the steering.

Her mind focused to finish the circuit but the unpleasing sounds in her ears are disturbing.

"You're almost there Hyeji! Finish this like a bad bitch you are!" Jisung shouted, snapping the girl out from her mind.