6|𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗔𝗗𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗠𝗘

Start from the beginning

He looked at him for a moment before whispering, "And I'm sure Ben would be too."

He then looked down at his arm cursing Peter to realize that he was still holding onto him,
he cleared his throat and let go.

Peter wanted to say more but he was already out the door.

༺༻

Jake skated home, opened the door and was greeted by his mother, "Hey honey, how was your day?" She asked.

"Good." He muttered, "Did you see the news yet? About that guy that saved the boy?" Mary asked and Jake shook his head, "Well, there was an accident on a bridge and Spider-Man saved the little boy." She said.

"Spider Man?" He whispered, "Yeah that's what he called himself." His mother replied.

Jake smiled, he remembered Peter using the name earlier but he was too furious to pay any attention to it.

"Hey, are you okay?" Mary asked, "Yeah, yeah mom, I'm just really tired. I'm going to bed." He made his way to his room and fell on his bed, sighing.

But he couldn't just lay around, he had to do something, so he stood up and looked at his board, he picked up a pen and began to write.

'GWEN KNOWS.' He started to breathe heavily.

'SHE'S IN DANGER.' He wrote next.

Okay. Maybe writing about what just happened didn't help him at all.

His hand was shaking and he was struggling to whip what he wrote while trying not to cry.

Jake threw the eraser at the board and put his hands over his head. He was breathing heavily, so many thoughts filled his head.

She knows. Which means she is in danger and if she dies what about her family? Her little brothers?

Peter told her. 𝑾𝒉𝒚 did he tell her?

The same question repeated in his head; 𝑾𝒉𝒚?

Jake's head was spinning and he closed his eyes, trying to breathe.

They were dating. Peter and Gwen were together.

He was aware that Peter didn't return his feelings but it still hurt.

Jake didn't notice Mary coming in the room,.

"Jake?" She asked but all he could hear was a loud peeping in his ear.

"Hey, it's okay honey. You're okay." She put her hands on his cheeks, "It's okay, it's just you and me." She said and Jake shook his head, "I- I can't—" He replied.

"Mom?" He whimpered, and Mary nodded, "I know, it's okay. You can do this, breathe with me, let it go." She said and he nodded.

Mary breathed in and out and slowly, Jake repeated until his breathing was becoming even again.

"You're alright. You're save." She whispered,  hugging him. He nodded while hugging back.

"I got you. I got you." Mary repeated hugging him tighter.

Peter was watching from Jake's window.

He wanted to do nothing more than to get in and hold him, telling him that he would be okay.

Jake was always there for him and he wanted to return the favor, but he couldn't. He knew to just let him be with his mom. He knew that that's what Jake needed right now.