22. Sickly Sweet

"Hi Tully!" Luke declared at the coronation ceremony.

"Hi Luke." Tully answered smiling down at him.

"Thats a really pretty dress, I mean you are really pretty." Luke said nervously. She was wearing a light blue dress, it was an older dress but she quite liked it, it wasnt anything fancy but she didnt have anyone she wanted to impress, love was stupid after all. She was going for comfort.

"You look very princely," Tully informed him and he touched his lapels.

"I feel funny," He admitted.

"You look good." Tully assured him.  They turned forward as the horns blared out. "You should be up there." Tully whispered to luke.

"I would rather be with you." Luke countered. Tully smiled facing forward again his fingers grazing hers as they stood listening to Harrold declare Rhaenyra the rightful heir of the iron throne.

Much like Aemonds ceremony the people clapped out. Tully didnt ask about Otto or Aemond. Even Helaena and Alicent were present for the ceremony but they looked a bit nervous.

When the ceremony was done Tully excused herself and moved to Helaenas side. She hugged her quickly.

"Whats going on? Are you hurt? The children?"

"No im fine. The children too. They attacked so quickly." Helaena whispered back. "They are sending my mother and I back home. I relinquished any and all claims my sons might have had-"

"Home?" Tully countered confused. "This is home."

"Old town. I dont know what became of Aemond but... they said he fought for his crown. He gave the ultimate sacrifice. He was stupid. Not you tully. I dont know what he was thinking! He should have surrendered." Helaena murmured. Tully looked to a weepy alicent. "Daeron is already en route back to old town. We are meeting him there. Its been a decade since I have seen him. He was barely older than my twins are now." Helaena went on. "Write me, please."

"Of course." Tully agreed. "We will be pen pals." Tully glanced to criston and Alicent and wondered what they were saying.

"I suppose asking you to come with me is pointless." Alicent whispered. She wiped at her eyes. She was finally free of viserys and then she lost her sons. Both of them in the span of just a few days. Criston looked to his feet.

"I have been released from my vows." Criston admitted. "But Im staying in kings landing."

"What do you think?" Rhaenyra questioned.

"I told you we could trust them." luke agreed. "And since I was right and ever the crucial part in your victory..."

" already asking for favors?" Rhaenyra mused. "Alright what is it?"

"Mother, - your grace- I would like to give my claims of driftmark to Rhaena." Luke remarked.

"What?" Rhaenyra countered.

"And end the union."

"Why?"

"Because i have been in love with Tully Strong since the moment I locked eyes on her." Luke admitted breathlessly.

"Who?" Daemon countered leaning in.

"Tallulah Rose Strong, she is the most amazing person ever, please dont deprive me of true love!" Luke begged. Rhaenyra glanced to Larys and Tully, they were with a blonde girl, although the lannisters had been for the Greens, Larys assured them that Tyland was loyal to the crown, he had daughters to worry about after all. He would get his family in line with the rightful queen.

"I will speak with her brother." Rhaenyra agreed, Luke hugged her tight.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Luke declared over and over again. "Best mother ever!" he ran off shuffling to a stop beside Tully. Rhaenyra watched them as Tully smiled down at Luke. He was almost a head shorter than her but he looked up at her like she was the sun, the moon and the stars.

"Dance with me? Please!" Luke added and tully slipped her hand in his.

"So much for no boys." Mallory mused. "Lasted what? A day?" Larys rolled his eyes. "We will keep a better eye on our girl." Mallory assured.

"No one is going to hurt her again." Larys agreed. Tully smiled as she tried to spin under lukes hand.

"Excuse me I have to steal my man before the former queen thinks she can con him into leaving me." Mallory sassed strutting off.

"Lord Larys." Rhaenyra declared.

"Your grace." He tipped his head to her.

"Thank you for all your help." Rhaenyra remarked. "You made this transition easier."

"I live to serve." Larys agreed.

"I have a proposition for you." Rhaenyra added glancing back at luke and tully.

"You are a really good dancer!" Luke remarked.

"I got two left feet." Tully laughed back.

"Really?" Luke questioned curiosity filled him.

"Its a figure of speech meaning I cant dance." Tully corrected.

"I would still love you." Luke assured. "Even if you had actual two left feet," tully felt her cheeks heat.

"You are good dancer." Tully assured. She loved how easily luke made her smile. She didnt have to try and get his attention didnt have to try and be something she wasnt for him to noitce her. She made her sick with worry about a boy that would never even like her with Luke was already so sweet to her.

She always had a sickly feeling in her stomach that she claimed was butterflies but it wasnt. Because luke spinning her around and calling her beautiful, making her smile effortlessly, that was the sweetest thing. A girl could get a tummy ache with how sweet luke was.

"I will have to speak to Tully." Larys remarked. "She is..." Larys looked to Tully and she was dancing with Luke the biggest smile on her face. Larys hesitated smiling back at them. "I think that will be just fine."

"Luke admitted that he has had a crush on Tallulah for ages." Rhaenyra added. "I'm glad you came to us Lord Larys. I'm glad you knew where your loyalties lied."

"Of course." Larys agreed. His loyalty lied with his family, with his sister and her happiness above all else.

+

Mallory and Criston's story out now!
THANK ME/ Criston Cole!!!!
With more Tully of course Plus exclusive ending for Tully and Luke.

Thank me/ Criston Cole OUT NOW!