Prologue

I used to be invisible.

Of course, I wasn't invisible in the literal sense. I mean that on this campus, P. Heights Academy (What the "P" stood for was a mystery I doubted Principal Wayland knew, though many students have come up with inappropriate and unoriginal theories. Anyway, everyone left off the "P" and just called it Heights Academy), nobody talked to me, with very little exceptions. You see, this school is one of the most expensive and elite private schools in the nation, so I attended with the children of billionaire CEOs, movie stars, and politicians. I was the only girl that had arrived here by scholarship, so everyone tended to either try to bully me or avoid me like the plague. I just ignored the ones that tried to bully me, and eventually, people just treated me as if I were invisible.

I didn't blame them. I was the outsider. I was the third-class family girl, whose Mom was a under-paid secretary and Dad was out of the picture. They did the natural reaction.

Not that I cared. I was never much of a social person. And eventually, I made friends. I was happy about my life, with Evan Markus and Emily Blackwood being my only friends. That way, I was unnoticed by everyone and therefore never having to waste my energy in drama.

But then I got to know Dean Lancaster, the son of the most powerful men in the country.

Then I became the only witness to the murder of the daughter of the said one of the most powerful men in the country.

Pretty soon, I wasn't invisible anymore.

Let me start from the beginning of the end of my life as I knew it. And that was in Biology class on that fateful day.

Hi guys! I hope you enjoy my story.

I will apologize first off for any grammar or spelling mistakes. As a fellow Grammar Nazi, I sympathize, but even we cannot be perfect. Especially since I'm fourteen.

I'll make sure to kill off as many people as possible.

And make sure to give me feedback; I'm not afraid of criticism because it makes me a better writer. This is my first story on Wattpad.

Remember to vote, comment, and fan if you like it. This will inspire me to update faster XD *hint hint*