"Alright." She replied kindly.

This was going better than I had expected.

"I'll be off soon." I still stood there like an idiot as she continued to work on whatever it was she was making. It was hard to tell, it looked like maybe a blanket or maybe a gown, all I know is it was a beautiful shade of dark blue.

Mother was eying us and smirking as she was knitting what was clearly going to be a blanket. The weather was getting colder as winter was coming soon. With each growing day the weather was more and more chill. The wind whipping harder too.

"How long will you be gone?" Alana asked with her voice soft as summer rain. "Not that I wish for you to be gone-"

"Roughly a week?" I estimated. "Your father may extend it depending on... Well... Him."

She laughed at that. She truly laughed at what I had said and it felt good to make her laugh. I kneeled before her and placed my hand on her lap, to which, she didn't even push me away. Didn't wince or flinch. Nothing. Alana's eyes met with mine and she grinned.

"Is there anything else you need, my Lord?" She asked.

I paused for a moment and then nodded. "I'd love for some apple blueberry scones."

Alana shook her head with a smile. She stood up and placed her things down onto the chair. Softly telling my mother she'd return in a few moments as she grabbed her cloak from a hook by the door and walked down to the kitchens where a basket had been sitting on a table. A cloth covering the contents of it.

As Alana handed me the basket she revealed that inside was a good amount of scones, apples, and bread. I smiled at her and she then handed me a flagon of spiced wine. "Your mother told me of the customs of the north... To always have something prepared for your husband when he goes on a hunt. I'm sorry for... Being distant with you."

I kissed her on the cheek. Feeling the warm blush of her cheek beneath my lips. She smiled at me and I couldn't stop grinning at her. She made my heart do this strange flutter and I hated that she was my weakness.

"No," I shook my head. "It's me who should apologize for what I said on our wedding night. I should have never vowed to be the monster you think I am. It's my duty as your husband to protect you and that starts with my own self destruction. I need to mend myself to be better for you."

Silence.

"Have you nothing to say?"

She looked away, tears welling in her eyes and although she tried to blink them away it was too late. Clearly I was wrong. Clearly I upset her and I didn't even know what I did so fucking wrong in this moment.

"I just wish you'd trust me." She muttered.

"Alana-"

She bowed her head to me as she wiped the tears from her eyes. "Have a nice hunt. I wish you a safe journey and good fortune."

-

I miss Aerion more than ever right now.

In the woods I can feel him in the breeze. By the river I can see him in the glistening of the water. I can hear his voice in the trees as they dance in the wind. It's his smile that I see in the stars above at night.

He's my best friend and he should be here with me right now.

Aerion should be telling me that I've done nothing wrong and if I did something wrong he should be calling me out for it. We should be sitting under this tree looking for boars and stags together. Laughing when we see a rabbit that has no idea it's fate if it crosses paths with Robert Baratheon right now.