6: The Rumors

Jewel series: Maria Andrea Ledesma

Chapter 6: The Rumors

---

Cordoba, Spain
Ciervo Palace

Isang malakas na tunog ang narinig sa hallway kasabay ng pagkawasak ng telepono.

Lahat ng tao sa paligid na naglilinis ay nagulat ngunit mas mangibabaw ang takot ng makitang ang Dukesa ang may kagagawan non. Agad sila umalis sa hallway at iniwan ang dukesa kasama ang pangunahin nitong tagapagsilbi sa takot na madamay sa galit nito.

"Your Grace, Lo siento, no pude localizar a Lord Zeilo para ti." nakayukod na sambit ng pangunahing tagapagsilbi nito.

I'm sorry, I couldn't get hold of Lord Zeilo for you.

"Consígueme un avión. Voy a volar a Filipinas en este instante." Galit na sambit ng Dukesa.

Get me a plane, I'm flying to the Philippines this instant.

Akmang tatalima na sa utos ang pangunahing tagapagsilbi ng Dukesa ng makitang papalapit sa kanila ang Duke.

"No one is going anywhere!" mawtoridad nitong sambit.

"But Joseph--"

"Your son is not answering your calls because he's sick of your constant nagging and manipulations!" Sambit ng Duke na ikinayuko ng Dukesa. "Let Zielo be. He can decide on his own, he doesnt need your constant nagging, Evien." dagdag nito bago bumaling kay Annita, na syang pangunahing tagapagsilbi ng Dukesa. "Bring her back to her room."

Agad na Yumukod si Annita. "Yes, Your Grace."

Tinignan lang ni Lord Joseph ang asawa nya bago ito nilagpasan, ngunit hindi pa man sya nakakalimang hakbang ay nag salita muli amg asawa nya. "Si ella estuviera en mi lugar, ¿la tratarías así?" malungkot na tanong ng Dukesa.

If she was in my place, would you treat her this way?

Lord Joseph clenched his fist, to calm himself before looking back at his wife. He knew so well what is Lady Evien is referring to.

"Drop it, Evien. No obtendrás simpatía por eso."

You won't get Sympathy out of that.

Defeated the Duchess, just stared at the Duke's back as he Made his way to his office with his butler. After that the Annita, escorted the Duchess back to her Chamber where she continue to throw things while cussing the name she ones adored.

Meanwhile in the Duke's office, the Duke's butler, Kyle told the Duke that his young lord is being investigated at by the Grand Duke.

"...his Royal highness is adamant to find out why Lord Zielo entered the game without you or the Duchess approval."

The Duke massage his temple. "Just give them what they want."

It's only been 10 months since the Duke found out that his son, joined the game without his consent.

Evien, his wife and the duchess makes a mockery of the Royal highness, the grandduke's wishes to marry his granddaughter off to a noble man and firmly forbade his son, Lord Zielo to enter the game, that's why it came as a shock to him when he found out Zielo entered the game alone.

He knew that his wife will flip once she found out that Zielo entered the game but his strong urge to protect his son from his wife gave him the idea to help his son in secrets.

He was the one who keep, sending Zielo out of the palace to live his life and to practice his profession and in hopes that He'll find the Grand Duke's Grand Daughter in the process.