Chapter 1

"Jonas was right."

Deep sea rescue mission. SSBN Rogue. Philippine Trench.

(I skipped writing this part. Like other blank spaces between paragraphs that YN isn't a part of in my version. You should watch the movie to understand though.)

5 years later
Shanghai, china.

Mana one research station. 200 miles off the Chinese coast

A helicopter lands on the platform, Dr. Zhang goes to meet them.

"Are we living the dream here, or what?" The man who comes out the helicopter asks, smiling brightly.

"Welcome to Mana One, Mr Morris." Zhang stretches out his hand to Morris, the man looks down at it then up at him again.

"Get that thing away from me. What are you doing?" He says and he engulfs the older man in a hug. "Come on, bring it in. There we go."

"Good to see you again Mr. Morris, this way please." He gestures for him to follow.

"Hey you always smell so nice. What is that, sandalwood?" Morris asks as he goes to follow.

They walk down he platform.

"It's impressive so far, I'll say." Morris tells him.

A woman with her daughter comes walking toward her.

"Oh, here they are. Do you remember my daughter, Suyin? Our chief marine biologist." Zhang introduces the woman approaching.

"Hi." Suyin shakes Morris hand.

"" Morris tries to say in Chinese. She looks at him confused.

"" Suyin asks her father in Chinese.

"Sorry, what was that? I didn't catch it." Morris asks. Zhang and his daughter look at each other, unsure.

"She says she likes your hat." The little girl beside her mother says.

"Yeah." Her mother agrees.

The little girl smiles brightly at the man, making him a little confused.

"Let's go." "Why don't we go. Yeah, lets go." Zhang and Morris says at the same time.

They go to the elevator.

"Granddaughter is a pistol." Morris state as he gets into the elevator. "Okay. What have we here?... this is really...ugly. You know i realise were under construction and everything, but i really think that a world class research institute, deserves a world class entrance." He states to Zhang a little disappointed.

"Yeah, I couldn't agree more." He answers as the elevator door opens. Showing a fancy and modern hallway, with floor to ceiling windows, showing their underwater view.

"Wow." Morris says in awe.

"Welcome to the 0 level." Zhang says.

"Nice"

"This is our central hub, from which all researchers will access all five laboratories, once its finished."

"Wow." Morris looks out the window in awe. "Oh, look at that. That's not something you see everyday."

They admire the view for a few seconds, before Morris speaks again.

"Did you have those whales here on cue?" He smirks to Suyin.

"I might've lured them with some whale songs." She answers and they chuckle. "This is Lucy and her daughter Gracie." She points to the whale and the smaller one swimming beside her.