"Yes!"

"You're the one who said you didn't wish to find out—"

The beast roared.

The two stopped.

"Continue this later?"

"Oh, for Heaven's sake."

⤠⤟

A FEW MINUTES LATER

They did not continue it later, because (depending on who's perspective you agree with) someone jinxed them again. They had managed to scare off the beast and get away yet it followed them which led up to the current predicament they found themselves in.

Diane grabbed Cal and BD as they were flung from the back of the beast to the ground. She'd managed to make it a softer landing for them by using her wings. The beast met its demise and Diane watched as its soul ascended above.

At least it was going to a better place, the angel thought.

"Are you okay?" Cal asked the two.

"Beep. Boo?"

"I'm fine," Diane replied.

"Me too. Wish I could say the same for this creature."

"Where to now?"

"The village," Cal said. "We need to try and see if we can find anything that'll lead us back to where we need to go."

"Okay."

⸻╳⸻

The trio eventually ended up back to where they were before they'd fallen. By the tomb. Diane realized that the man from earlier was gone, but if Cal noticed he said nothing.

When they finally arrived in front of the tomb, Diane felt a sense of relief. BD jumped down from Cal's shoulder and looked around in amazement.

There were two Zeffo statues standing on each side of an entrance. It probably had looked immaculate when it was in its prime, but now it just looked like a rusted bronze color. Debris encircled the surrounding area and the angel saw more when she peeked inside.

BD walked right past her and scanned everything in sight. Always the curious one, Diane thought.

"BD!" Cal exclaimed, realizing that he'd fallen behind his two friends.

"Fwoo woo doot!"

"My friend," Eno Cordova's voice rang, "we've reached the tomb of Kujet in search of an Astrium. It is more secluded than ever I would've thought. It seems the way in was secret even during the time of the Zeffo. A contrast from the ostentatious Tomb of Miktrull...yet not a welcome one. The Nightsisters of Dathomir granted me passage, but even they warned me against the ruins. Something dark transpired here — I can feel it."

Diane pushed forward as she studied the massive golden door that stood out. The angel traced each circular pattern in her mind. There were markings that she made out to be another language written on the bottom. Cal stood beside her and extended his hand.

Up until this point, Diane did not realize the power that The Force truly had. Until now.

⤠⤟

Diane did not feel like themself. She felt like a ghost. She turned and saw a younger Cal Kestis.