twelve

ZEFFO

The trio encountered many Probe Droids as they walked through an old scrapped engine. When they came out on the other side it was nothing but ruins inside of a ship. Cal saw a dead Stormtrooper and hovered his hand above it. This intrigued Diane.

She'd heard Cal and Cere talk of an 'echo in the Force'. So she assumed it was probably one of those.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Trooper was killed by a lightsaber," he replied.

He looked up and saw a platform in front of them.

"Could I hitch a ride?"

Diane followed his eyeline and nodded. There was an elevator at the end of the hall —waiting for them.

"I think we're getting close," Cal told her as the door closed.

"How do you know?"

"I noticed it since we got here. This feeling in the pit of my stomach."

"Is it good or bad?"

"Honestly. The closer we are, the worse I feel."

Diane pursed her lips.

"I have a question," he said. "Y-You don't have to answer it but I'm curious."

"Okay."

Cal took a deep breath and looked at her.

"How old are you?"

Diane paused and lowered her gaze to the floor.

"Five thousand...and six hundred years old."

"What?!"

Diane looked at him, startled by the sound of his voice.

"Y-You're five thousand years old?!" Cal was freaking out. "And you've never come to 'the mortal world'?!"

"No," she answered. "Not until now."

"Holy kriff!"

"How old are you Cal?"

He looked at her.

"Eighteen."

"That's very young."

He laughed. "For a five-thousand-year-old, yeah."

The elevator came to a stop and the doors opened.

"I'm guessing this is the dig site Cere was talking about."

Cal faltered in his steps as he trailed behind her.

"Guess it is."

They saw a group of Stormtroopers on a bridge.

"Wanna do the honors?"

Diane flew to the bridge, and took out the Stormtroopers, before returning to fly Cal to the same spot.

"I love angels," he said.

Diane shook her head and carried on.

"Left or right?"

"Uh...right?"

Diane held Cal and flew them out and around until she landed in front of an elevator. But suddenly she felt a pull.

"Cal."

"Yeah?"

She turned around and froze. Cal noticed and saw a man in white armor. It wasn't the kind a Stormtrooper would wear. It looked much older. He had a hand over a metal sword and the other was placed upon it.