my little secret

Derek's pov.
The girl's eyes filled with tears as she processed what was happening. I turned my eyes away as if to stay focused.

The mother was trembling in my grasps. The gun still pressed to the temple of her face.

"Stop! Take me instead!" The girl's scream rung in my ears. I closed my eyes and held on to the mother tighter.

Both the daughter and the mother were now gasping for air.

Don't let them get to you. I thought to myself. Do the job you were ment to do.

I fought with my feelings, but just went I was about to pull the trigger I caught the young girl gase.

Her bright blue eyes filled with complete terror. I've seen those eyes.

"Take me instead" she said once again.

This time her words stuck to me.

"Spare her" I stated. She was brought out to the car and dropped into the trunk.

KILL THE REST.

After the dirty work was done I look at my best friends and realized they now have something that could kill me.

They have proof that I didn't follow direct orders.

I gave orders for the cleaning crew to take our vehicle and take her in.

(Back to present) (aka 2 years later)
Jenna's pov.

The sharp jaw flashes through my mind on repeat as I finish up the bathroom.

The men had left the scene as I moved up stairs still keeping my head down in fear that someone was still present .

When I find my partner he double checks my work and we head to the car to start the drive back to our apartment.

My partner tells me all the things he wishes he could have done with his life.

I was in no way comprehending what he was saying because I was still thinking about that man.  "Who is that guy" I blurted out as if he would know who I was talking about. "Who?" He said looking both ways at a 4 way stop.

"The guy incharge" I whispered almost afraid to question.

There was silence. Nothing but the sounds of the road and the distant sounds of static radio.

"Jenna, that is the bosses son. You know that."

I looked down at my bleached hands and put them under my legs.

Just as I looked up he turned the car a different way than our normal route .

"Did we get another call?" I said happy to change the subject.

I looked up when he didn't answer. A single tear now running down his face.

"Were are we going?" I cried for a answer.

"You are going to be the bosses new maid." He stated as the tears began streaming down his face.

"Mr. Brown needs someone around now that his wife passed away and you were the one he picked."

Derek's pov

You can't be serious I thought to myself. Why did it have to be her. My father must know I let her go 2 years ago.

I have to kill her so my father knows I'm ready to take over the family business.

My little secret most come to an end.