SEVEN

˗ˏˋ V A L E N C I A ˎˊ

                     The blaring sound of
the alarm clock miserably pulls me out of my deep slumber. I stretch my limbs, kicking off the pile of silk sheets that once wrapped around my body like a cocoon and quickly snooze the alarm.

It feels great to lounge in my little haven of a bed without the imposing feeling of doom lingering deep within my chest over a simple workday. Without my job at the bar, I don't have to overwork my brain over silly inconveniences, like Nicole or Pete.

But... now I am making zero income.

Crap.

I spend extra time in bed, finishing up the last three chapters of my romance book before reluctantly rolling out. More time in comfort would be nice, however Arden will come knocking on my door soon.

He believes people getting out of bed before noon time will have a better state of mind. He may be right, but sometimes I just want to be lazy all day long, like today.

I rub the sleep out of my eyes before starting the shower. The jets stream hot water that cascades down my shoulders, easing my stiff muscles and joints.

A shower can truly work miracles.

I lather myself in buttery soaps with a strong scent of lavender and vanilla. The soaps were already stocked here when I moved in. I quickly got accustomed to the lovely scent, ditching my old soap bars that used to dry my skin out.

By the time I get out the shower, as suspected, I hear a knock coming from my room's door. I quickly wrap the fluffy white towel around my body and walk towards the door.

Sure enough I find a flawlessly put-together Arden standing in the doorway, fully dressed in a suit, not a hair out of place.

His eyes widen, taking in my towel and wet bare skin still dripping from the hot shower.

"Ahem," he clears his throat awkwardly, his Adam's apple bobbing as he does so. "Breakfast is ready and waiting for you. I just wanted to let you know."

My cheeks feel feverish at how exposed I am, and from the events last night that suddenly make an appearance in my mind.

Keep it together, Valencia.

That little kissing exchange was an "in the moment" type thing. I am sure that Arden feels the same way. He's a total hottie and a big-shot doctor, for Christ's sake! There is no way he feels anything but lust towards me, if you can even call it that.

I scramble to get dressed, settling on simple lavender-colored sundress. I don't bother putting on too much makeup besides a little concealer to cover my dark circles.

I got blessed with natural long dark eyelashes. I guess I could thank my Turkish roots for that physical feature.

The aroma of breakfast wafted through the air, a symphony of savory notes delight my nose as I arrive to the dinning table.

My mouth waters at the sight of a spinach, ham, and cheese omelette with a stack of toasted bread.

"You're drooling."

I jump, almost tripping over my own two feet. Silas hovers over me with a shit-eating grin.
I swear this man must be a ninja. I didn't hear him walk up behind me, not even a peep.

"No, I'm not," I dismiss his teasing accusation with a swat of my hand.

"Sure, you are." He responds dryly before a hint of a smirk appears on his lips. "You're drooling just like you did last night after you pulled that little kissing stunt."