I nod, fixing him with a pointed look, "She has incredible lips, and you would be able to experience them too if you changed your attitude. You need to stop treating her so badly."

I wasn't sure if he was jealous, which he has no need to be. Silas is well aware the two of us are a packaged deal. A woman must fancy the both of us.

Not just one of us.

I know Valencia has eyes for Silas too. I saw that clear as day when she batted those pretty eyes at him last night. If Silas wasn't such an asshole, maybe he and Valencia could have already achieved first base.

He clenches his jaw, staring at the ground as if it will save him from this conversation. Sorry to break the news to you Silas, but the earth won't save you from talking about your feelings.

"Hilary really did a number on you, didn't she?"

Silas' eyes quickly meet mine, abandoning the floor where they once were fixated on. Now I really have his full attention. I brought out the big guns, but it was necessary.

That name always seems to light a fire within him. I can never tell what that fire wants to do though. Burn down everything in its path, or just burn him...

Hilary was our roommate and shared girlfriend until six months ago. She truly favored Silas and had a way of making sure he was wrapped around her vile finger.

She was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Going behind our backs to make connections with high-social class friends. Which one of her newly-founded friends turned out to be a guy she ran away with, tossing aside poor Silas and I like we never meant anything to her.

Then she proceeded to create animosity between the two of us, inventing venomous lies to separate us. Luckily, Silas and myself were smart enough to see right through her fibs.

The only goodbye we got was a text message sent straight to Silas' number. It was a paragraph of foolishness—explaining that I was at fault for not being present enough in the relationship, and Silas was at fault for being "unlovable."

I understand why Hilary's words were so impactful to Silas' plummeted mental state months ago. I also have a feeling that Silas still believes he is "unlovable."

Which is obviously not true.

Hilary knew about Silas' childhood and vulnerability. She used his weakness against him, knowing it would scar him forever.

We shared plenty of women. Many were one-time affairs while others were semi-permanent, but no one ever matched with what we had with Hilary.

"I am over her, Arden." He responds through clenched teeth. "She means nothing to me."

"I know that," I affirm. I take a deep breath before rubbing my face, not liking the way Silas internally beats himself up. "You are over her, but you are not over her words."

"I don't want to talk about this..."

He always pushes aside his feelings like they do not matter, yet they do! Keeping them bottled up will only lead to more resentment and anger. 

"She is a liar, Silas." I point out to him. "You know that, so don't let her get to you. Valencia fancies you, I can see that, but she wants you to acknowledge her. Bloody hell man, she might even want to give the two of us a shot!"

I can tell he's getting frustrated. Maybe more at himself than at me, but I do back off a little.

"Fine, man." He throws his hands up in surrender. "All three of us will have dinner tomorrow night. I'll be on my best fucking behavior. We will get to know her better than the back of our goddamn hands! Happy!?"