Pillow

Synopsis: Just some cuddles

————————-xx—————————xx————————

Engfa had always been a bit of a lone wolf. She preferred the quiet solitude of her own thoughts to the chaos of other people's company. But lately, she had been feeling a strange sense of restlessness. She missed the warmth of another body next to hers, the comforting weight of a head on her shoulder.

One night, as Engfa lay in bed, tossing and turning, Charlotte crawled in beside her. Engfa tensed at first, unsure of what to make of this sudden intrusion into her space. But as Charlotte snuggled up against her, Engfa felt a strange sense of contentment wash over her.

"You're my new pillow," Charlotte murmured, her head resting on Engfa's chest.

Engfa chuckled softly, feeling a warmth spread through her chest. "I guess I'll have to learn to sleep with my eyes open now."

Charlotte giggled in response, her breath tickling Engfa's skin. "Don't worry, I won't snore too loudly."

Engfa closed her eyes, letting herself sink into the familiar rhythm of Charlotte's breathing. She had never thought that she would enjoy being cuddled like this, but as she felt Charlotte's arms wrap around her waist, she realized that maybe there was something to be said for vulnerability after all. Maybe it wasn't so bad to let someone else see the softer side of you.

As Engfa drifted off to sleep, she felt a sense of peace settle over her. For the first time in a long time, she didn't feel alone anymore. She had Charlotte by her side, and that was all that mattered.