9 | pancake lover

Depuis le début

"I'm good. I can always grab another sweater from my room," Chris leans back on his hands and watches me tug the sweater on, leaving the hood up over my head. "Why couldn't you sleep?"

"I dunno," My eyes stay focused on the sky as the first sign of the sun peeks up over the buildings blocking the skyline. "Thinking too much, I guess."

Chris hums in response, not asking any follow-up questions. He knows I'll elaborate if I want to.

"What did you guys get up to yesterday?" I pull the sleeves of Chris' sweater over my hands, catching a whiff of Old Spice and cologne when I inhale.

"Not much. We went out for dinner with the parents and filmed a car video," Chris starts chuckling, seeming to remember something from yesterday. "I dared Matt to chug his large root beer right after he finished his burger and fries and he threw up."

"Chris!" I can't help but laugh at the smug look on the youngest triplet's face. "Poor Matt."

"He's fine," Chris waves my concern off, grinning at me. "Right after he puked, he said he 'pulled a Bryn'."

"Matthew!" I whine, collapsing backwards, my shoulders blades banging into the roof harshly. "We're not supposed to speak about that day!"

Chris laughs, amusement lighting up his face as he recalls the day that I decided I was going to eat as much food as the boys. Big mistake on my part. "That was literally the stupidest idea you've ever had. You usually pass the last quarter of your food to me anyways, so I don't know why you were convinced that you could keep up."

"I would've been fine if it weren't for the two cans of Pepsi," I grumble, my head lolling to the side to look at Chris when he shuffles down to lie beside me.

"Keep telling yourself that," Chris sniggers.

Quiet settles between us for a moment before I speak up. "Hey, Chris?"

"Yeah?'

"How are you?" My eyes are glued to him as he turns to look at me, seemingly slightly confused. "Like, for real. How are you doing?"

He takes a moment to consider my question, his eyes resting somewhere above my head. "I'm good," he eventually settles on. "The last month has been crazy busy, but it's settling down now. And I'm really fucking happy that you agreed to come to LA. I miss you during the school year."

I can't help the tiny grin that peeks onto my face at Chris' words. "I'm excited too. And I'm glad you're doing good."

"I'm hungry," Chris announces suddenly, his voice slightly too loud in comparison to the slowly waking morning. "Can we go get food?"

"Only if it's pancakes," I sit up, taking in one last view of the sky that is now light with colour.

"You and Matt and your chocolate chip pancakes," Chris scoffs in disbelief, leading the way back to his window.

"If you don't shut the fuck up about my pancakes, I am not taking you anywhere," I clamber back into the house, glaring at my sniggering best friend.

He holds up his hands in surrender. "Lead the way, pancake lover."

instagram

brynlee.williams has posted...

williams has posted