Chapter 2

Present time:

Sado woke up in rush, sweat dripping across his cold scales. How long was he out? A few hours? Days? He looked into the night sky as if he was trying to ask it for help. He soon decided that he couldn't have been out long since his ankle hurt just as much as it did before. What a shame. He looks at his phase sword, still latched in the tree he threw it at during his fit of rage. He attempts to get up, but his ankle and fatigue get the better of him. He crawls over, inch by inch, until he reaches it. Although, it was not much help since he hadn't the strength to pull it out. What a rough night. He made up his mind to lie down at the foot of the tall oak tree and rest. He had no clue what would await him in the morning...

In the morning, Sado woke up at first light. After he managed to get some rest, he realized that he had learned how to make medicinal bandages from his currently dead wife. He used a nearby branch as a temporary crutch and started scouting for plants he might need. Any sort of flower-like plant would do the trick. He slowly made his way around this new environment, occasionally having to adjust his position on his crutch, but soon found what he was looking for. He came across a small white flower, glowing in the sun's warm rays, and proceeded to pick it up. Thankfully, with the help of his imprints in the soft grass, he was able to make his way back to where he first landed and had left all his stuff. He took out a pendant tucked in his neck scales and gently pushed the flower inside. This was the pendant his wife gave him, made especially for him, since it would help create the medicine, due to some magical properties. Sado didn't really had confidence of it working since he hadn't tried using it and never focused on pure magic. He closed the silvery top and twist the pendants top and bottom halves. He was stunned by a bright light that was emmited, but soon looked again to find that there was a liquid inside. He opened the pendant and drank the concoction within 3 seconds. He waited. And waited. He kept waiting for 5 minutes, but nothing happened. "WHY ISN'T ANYTHING WORKING?!" Sado screamed. He slammed his fist into the grass and looked at his broken gear. Broken wings, sword stuck in a tree, nothing was going his way. Sado was losing his mind. He was hungry, thirsty, depressed, confused, angry, injured. Too many things go worry about. And it was showing in a bad way. That night, Sado was tossing and turning nonstop. He woke up at 2:00 am and couldn't fall back asleep. So, he reached for his crutch got up, and almost fell down. Was he... Sado looked down and saw that he wasn't just standing on one foot. He could stand! Although, it was a little awkward, since he still had a slight limp in each step. But, being able to walk was crucial for gathering some form of food out in the wild. Sado limped toward the tree his sword was lodged in and began to pull on it. It took most of his strength to be able to take his sword back. Thus, he begun his hunt for food. Sado began exploring the lush forest for something. Some form of meat, berries, even mushrooms would work for now. His search was not in vain as he noticed blueberries bathing in the sun's rays. "Oh good. Food." Sado said, picking off a few off the small blue berries and consuming them. He gathered a few extra and put them inside of a little pouch he had and tucked it into some loose scales. "I have a feeling I'm gonna need to move out from this area." Sado moved from the berries and began his trek to find civilization. It took him practically forever to find small house, but it was abandoned. It almost looked as if there was a robbery. Sado peeked inside, but instantly regretted it. Turns out, the house wasn't completely abandoned. "Ugh, those bodies smell horrible! *Cough cough* Scratch that-skeletons. Huh?" Sado notices some shuffling in a cloth on the ground. "What's this?" Sado lifts the cloth and finds a small little dog.

 "What's this?" Sado lifts the cloth and finds a small little dog

"Rarf!" The little thing barked at Sado and brushed his leg. "So, I guess these people must've been taking care of you, huh? <These people have been dead for longer than a century. How is this dog still alive? I should keep it close just in case...> Well, little pup, how would you like a new place to go?" Sado reaches his hand out towards the dog, and the pup licks it. "I'll take that as a yes... Swifty."Sado gestures towards the dog, telling it to follow him. They walk out the door, but don't get very far. The ground begins rumbling underneath them. "An earthquake?! Why hear th-"He doesn't manage to finish his sentence because the ground opens beneath him and the small dog and they both fall into the abyss below...