Jisung's POV

"JINNIE LET ME GO!"

"NO!"

"I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG!"

"Okay well, we both know that's a lie," Hyunjin deadpanned and released his hold on my arm. I huffed and back away with my glorious book still tightly held to my chest. We were currently outside of Hyunjin's library where I spend virtually all my time, that by the way closed 3 hours ago but I refuse to go home. I want to finish the book!

"Why can't I stayyyyy?" I gave my best puppy eyes, "Can I pleaseeeeeee."

"No. Get out you sly squirrel," Hyunjin smiled in victory as I pouted and handed him the book. When I turned to leave he asked, "See you tomorrow?"

"NO! I'm offended that you think were still friends anymore, you kicked me out!" I whipped back around and joked with Hyunjin, don't tell anyone but I will definitely be back here tomorrow to finish that amazing book in the peaceful setting of my friends library. In my opinion, the library is the only good thing in this town. That's why I work here.

Hyunjin dramatically put his hand over his heart, "I did no such thing!" He turns away, "I don't want to see your face anymore."

I laugh lightly and turn away to walk to my house that's not to far away. The sun was barely setting and cast a beautiful hue of oranges and pinks on the castle that sat on top of a hill. I don't mind the royals to much, they keep the town relatively safe and nice so I really have nothing to complain about. I shrug, not like I'll ever see a royal anyway. They're way to fancy up there.

Well, not safe enough for me. I picked up my pace as I headed home because, I so humbly believe, I'm the prettiest person in this town. Or at least that's what Hyunjin and literally everyone else say. Any girl would want my looks, small waist, and pretty smile, basically everything. And of course, the guys will never leave me alone. Like who knew everyone was gay, not me. But as much as I joke, this environment isn't great for me but as long as I'm home before sunset it's usually fine. As the sky starts to darken and the shadows grow I start to regret my decision to stay at the library 3 extra hours.

I see my house in the distance and let out a sigh of relief, I got home finally. My family's house was small and totally falling apart but we loved it none the less. It feels like home and was always cozy. I entered through the small white fenced gate that surrounded the front yard and carefully maneuvered around all the plants and flowers in the garden courtesy of my mom. She truly loves gardening and I always end up stepping on some plant, don't tell her but there's just way too many! What do you expect from me!!

The second I open the door I'm hit with the amazing smell of dinner. It momentarily makes me freeze in the doorway as I bask in the atmosphere, my mom is hands down the best cook I've ever met. I carefully close the door behind me and the second I step into the living room I hear my mother.

"Jisungie!! Are you finally home? What took you so long?" my mom asks from the kitchen. I turn around and give her a warm smile before entering the kitchen and engulfing her in a big hug.

"I got carried away with my book, sorry," I apologize and I see her shake her head slightly while laughing.

"Well you're here now," She smiles. I start walking away but a whack on my shoulder stops me, "Don't walk away from me! Help your old mom with dinner." 

I dramatically hold the spot on my arm in fake hurt but then immediately stop when I think about how Hyunjin is rubbing off on me way too much. I quickly agree and start to help her by cutting up vegetables.

~+~

I set the table so when the rest of my family shows up we'll be ready for dinner. I'm grateful to have such a loving family, I don't know what I would do without them. I hear the door open behind me and my dad walk through the door carrying my 5 year old sister.

"JISUNGIE!" Jiselle ran up to me and hugged my leg. I cooed at her and picked her up, placing her on my hip.

"How was your day?" I asked her while a booped our noses together.

She started to giggle uncontrollably and I waited for her to respond, "It was reallyyyy fun!"

I heard my Dad chuckle in the background and I looked up at him. He gave me a warm smile and walked over to take Jiselle out of my arms, "Let's eat some dinner first, and then we can talk about the day. Does that sound good sweetie?" My dad walked into the kitchen and gave my mom a side hug while holding my little sister.

"YEAH!" Jiselle squealed. It seemed that whenever we were all together I wore a permanent smile, I hope this never changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading!! This first chapter is always so exciting for me, I hope you have a wonderful day/night!

*Alex <3*

Word Count: 883