"Ok, fine. I'm in." I breathed.

I wasn't any good when it came to peer pressure but I liked Emrys and I wanted to help in any way that I could.

"Perfect. Thank you, Daisy." Kordin smiled.

I smiled, awkwardly, before Kai chirrped up. "Now then. If you two no longer require Daisy's help, then we will be on our way."

"No problem. Will you be back tomorrow morning?" Haldon asked.

"First thing. If you need anything through the night, literally anything, please call me, no matter what the time is."

I wasn't sure whether Haldon would disturb me during the night but I wanted to make it clear that I was more than happy to assist with anything.

Emrys was my new project and I would do anything to help get him through the tough times ahead.

"You're sure about that?" Haldon asked.

"Absolutely." I reassured him, nodding my head with a smile.

"Alright then. Thank you, I'll see you tomorrow."

Once Kai and I were alone in the shuttle, he pulled me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist as I leaned into him.

"I missed you today." He breathed in my ear as me nuzzled his face into my hair.

I took in a deep breath, his scent filling my senses and I closed my eyes, enjoying the closeness that we shared.

"I missed you too. How did things go with your parents?"

"They know about Emrys. Kordin told them but surprisingly, they have decided to let us figure the situation out for ourselves and only intervene if it's necessary."

"That's good. At least we can make sure he's better before we take him back to Earth."

"Mhm."

I sighed when a thought popped into my mind.

"How am I supposed to help Florna when I'm supposed to be helping Emrys?"

Kai sucked in a loud breath. "Maybe you could ditch the bitch and focus on the human?"

I turned to face him, my face deadpan and he gave me an innocent smile.

"You know I can't do that." I muttered.

"Can't or won't?"

"Both, but if you dropped your case against her then she will likely walk free."

It was my turn to smile innocently but Kai was having none of it. He chuckled lightly and held me a little tighter.

"I would do anything for you, Daisy, but I won't do that."

"Fine. But let me warn you.. Lack of sleep and the extra pressure of dealing with both Emrys and Florna will leave little room for Kai and Daisy time." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Is that so?" He stifled a smile while trying to look serious.

"Yes." I simply stated.

"I look forward to the challenge." Kai whispered, raising his brows with a grin.

I rolled my eyes with a huff.

"This isn't a game, Kai. I'm being serious."

"I know." He grinned. "I love you, baby."

I tried to ignore him for the rest of the journey, hoping that the silent treatment would work in my favour, but after a while, he stopped talking and we fell into silence.