Chapter 20 Pursue the Mystery!

Emu feels like his whole world turned upside down. Having Hiiro as an instructor provides him an intense training to pass the incoming examination. He collapses on the table once the door opens. "That was intense..." He moaned and wanted Ophelia to comfort him.

Poppy saw his state and came out from the screen. "Emu, are you alright? Are you suffering because of your Game Syndrome?" She asked worriedly.

"No." Emu assured the pink-haired Bugster. "Hiiro-san was extremely hard on me during surgery training today." He explained his situation.

"Oh? That's it?" Poppy stared at him with a deadpan look and worried for nothing. She kicked the chair just when Emu sat down but fell instead.

"Ow!" Emu whimpered and Poppy apologized for her actions.

"As I thought, you're only suitable for carrying out game treatments." Hiiro explained after observing his training. "You had better thank Poppy Pipopapo for scouting you into CR."

Poppy looked confused at the compliment. "That wasn't me." They looked at her curiously. "It was Kuroto who recommended Genius Gamer M. Originally it was meant for Ophie-chan but he changed his mind to choose him instead." She explained.

"Eh?" Emu looked surprised hearing it. "Fee-chan was also recommended but didn't become one of us." He pointed out and knows Ophelia isn't much of a gamer like him.

"It was Genm?" Hiiro muttered and looked shocked hearing. "Why would he also pick Ophelia first before the intern?" He sips his coffee and wonders why Kuroto has been obsessed with her lately.

"He said he was creating an ultimate game." The genius gamer pointed out and took the chair to sit on it. "What could that be? Does he know Ophelia is the descendant of Alita and chose me instead?" It's hard for him to grasp his childhood friend who was given a third chance to live. To be reborn here in this world as Barron Ophelia Selene.

"Don't think about unnecessary details." Hiiro warned Emu and didn't want to jump to conclusions if Kuroto found out about their origins. "Our job as doctors and nurses is to save the patients. Not to solve mysteries."

Their game scope blared and found the location of the Bugster.

————————————————————

Ophelia and Zilar are waiting for the others to arrive at the prison. They received a call from Asuna as they found a patient with Game Syndrome.

"Fee-chan?" Ophelia turned around to see their arrival. "I'm glad you could make it and Zilar-san too." Emu smiled softly at her and she returned the gesture.

Zilar silently nodded his head as a sign of greeting and Ophelia shook her head. "We're all in this together and we never back down our words." She assures the genius gamer.

Asuna noticed the red-haired woman wasn't with them. "Where's Kanade-chan?" She asked them curiously.

"She's trying to find an excuse to escape her photoshoot and come here fast." Zilar answered and Asuna nodded her head in understanding.

"Who are you all?" The unknown man asked them coldly while shivering in the cold.

"We're CR doctors and nurses." Emu introduced themselves.

"CR?" He never heard of the name before.

"I will do a checkup." Hiiro volunteered to check his condition by using the game scope. They saw a Bugster inside of him. "It is Game Syndrome." He took off his game scope.

"Game Syndrome..." He muttered weakly.

Asuna approached the man with Zilar to help her. "We'll transport you to CR." She spoke softly and tried to carry him with Zilar's help.