Chapter 5

The next day, I was awoken by JARVIS. "Miss, you have school today" he said. At those word I sprung out of bed and got ready for the day. I wasn't even sure if I would like school, but I was still excited. I rushed downstairs to have breakfast.

"Hey kid, hurry up and finish your cereal. I'm taking you to school" Clint announced, walking into the kitchen. I hurried to finish my breakfast and Clint and I got into one of Tony's many cars. We drove to Midtown high and I got out of the car.

"See you later, Clint" I called as I walked into the building. I followed some signs to the principal's office. I knocked in the door.

"Come in" a male voice said. I opened the door and walked in.

"Hello, how may I help you" the man behind the desk said. He had thinning grey-brown hair.

"I'm new. My name is Will" I stated.

"Ah yes, Willow Rogers" the man said "I'm Principal Coulson. Please take a seat. Now, I know about your powers. I'm with SHIELD. And before say anything, your secret is safe, but keep mine too. The people you live with think that I'm dead, and they can't know I'm alive" Coulson explained. I just sat there. I wasn't exactly sure how to react. I'd been a civilian for less than a week, and I wasn't sure if this was normal. I didn't think it was normal for school principals to be employed by a spy organization, but what did I know.

"Here's your schedule. Let me get you a guide" he said. I examined the piece of paper.

"Peter Parker, please report to the principal's office" Coulson said through the intercom. A few minutes later, a scrawny boy walked into the office. He was only a few inches taller than me.

"You wanted to see me, Principal Coulson" he said.

"Yes, I want you to show Will around" Coulson replied.

"Okay. Come on, Will" Peter said, staring at me for a moment. We walked out of Coulson's office and into the courtyard.

"So let me see your schedule" he reached for the paper. I handed it to him.

"Well it looks like we have the same classes. So tell me about yourself" he seemed to be genuinely interested. He seemed trustworthy enough.

"Um, well, I was born in Brooklyn, and I'm adopted. A few days ago a family of six picked me up from an orphanage. I don't know, I guess you could call them my saviors. I'm different in a lot of ways, some worse than others. Before I was adopted, life wasn't the greatest. I haven't really ever been to school, and I didn't live with nice people" I lied. I wasn't even sure if this was the stuff you could tell people you just met. He gave me a look of pity.

"Wow" he didn't know what to say next, and then the bell rang "we should probably get to math".

I guess he didn't want to get into the details of my past. I couldn't blame him.

We got up and walked to math. When that was over, we had gym, science, and study hall. Then there was lunch. Peter introduced me to his friends Mary Jane, Harry, Luke, Danny, Ava, and Sam. They were nice, but I didn't really trust them.

After lunch, we had English, History, and Spanish. I didn't need to learn another language, since I already spoke German and Russian along with English, but I liked having the class with Peter. The final bell rang and Peter and I walked out of the building.

"So where's your ride?" he asked.

"Over there" I replied, pointing to the red sports car. Tony always had to be flashy. If learned that quickly.

"Who is that?" Peter asked.

"Tony. He's one of the people that adopted me. Would you like a ride home?" I asked.

"You mean Tony Stark? Do you live with the Avengers?" Peter exclaimed, putting the pieces together. He was smarter than everyone else, but it wasn't hard to see past my lie.

"Yeah" I replied.

"Sure" he answered. We strolled over to the car. When we reached the car Tony rolled down the window.

"Hey kid. How was school? Who is this?" he asked.

"School was good and this is-" I started.

"Peter Parker" finished Peter.

"Hop in, kids" Tony said, so we both climbed into the back seat, and Tony drove off.

"Peter, where do you live?" Tony asked, and Peter told him so Tony headed there. We arrived at Peter's house in Queens. He got out and started walking to his front door.

"See you tomorrow, Will" he called. With that, Tony and I drove back to the tower.

"Hey Will, how was school?" Steve asked when Tony and I stepped out of the elevator.

"It was fine. I made a friend" I stated.

"Yeah she did. I met him. The Parker kid. Nice boy" Tony said.

"Oh so you have a boyfriend" Clint teased. It was nice that he was treating me like a normal teenager.

"No I don't. He's just a friend. My first friend other than you guys, if that counts for anything" I stated.

"So how many more weeks of school are there left?" Bruce asked. It was May, I think. They'd managed to get me in for the last couple weeks. That was probably only because the principal was a SHIELD agent, but I didn't care. I had actually managed to be around people and not kill them like Hydra said I would. That was a good thing, considering that I was probably a highly unstable person.

"Only about a month. I think we get out in June" I replied. I turned and headed up to my room. It had been a long day, and I needed sleep.