Chapter 4

"Okay, go to your room and sleep. It's late. and you have a big day tomorrow" Nat instructed, walking me to the elevator. I had JARVIS lead me to my room. I dressed in some of the new sweatpants that Nat and I had bought and climbed into the bed.

The first thought that came into my mind was that the bed was too soft. It was like a marshmallow, and I felt like I was going to sink to the floor. This would take some time to get used to. I was used to sleeping on a dirt floor.

The next thought that came to mind was that I was living with a bunch of heroes. These were the heroes that Hydra told me I would destroy one day.

My mind wouldn't let me sleep, so I crawled out of bed and put on some work out clothes before heading to the training room.

When I got to that floor, I found that it was empty. I walked over to the the punching bags and started swinging at one. Pretty soon it was on the floor, and sand was spilling out of it. I heard someone walk in and turned to face them.

"What are you doing up so late, Will?" asked Steve, who was now standing beside me.

"The bed is too soft. It feels like a-" I started.

"Like a marshmallow. Like you're going to sink right to the floor. I know. I get it. It took me a long time to get used to civilian life after being on ice for over seventy years" Steve said, cutting me off "but I think that something else is keeping you up. Care to explain?"

"They called me Ragnarok back in that lab. It means the end of everything. They said I would be the end of all heroes. That's what's keeping me up" I explained softly "I was created to kill you".

"As long as you're with us, they can't use you as the weapon to destroy us" Steve said. His words were genuine and full of care. I trusted his words. All of a sudden, his phone buzzed.

"What's that about?" I inquired.

"Mission alert. An AIM base was detected in Germany and we were called in to check it out" Steve answered with a sigh "you wanna come? It'll give you a change of to off your powers. I'll make sure you don't get hurt".

"You mean you want me to help take down the organization that wanted to use me as their weapon. I'm in" I replied, smiling slightly. Steve lead me down to the armory where the rest of the Avengers were. 

"Okay guys, Will is coming with us" Steve announced.

"What are you doing in work out clothes?" Bruce asked. I assumed they would talk about me going with them later.

"Oh, um, I'll explain on the way there" I wrung my hands nervously again. Everyone put their gear on. Since I didn't have any gear, I borrowed a pair of cargo pants, a SHIELD jacket, and a gun. There was no need for me to have a gun, but Nat insisted that I take it in case there was a way they could hinder my powers. We got into the quinjet and headed to Germany once everyone had suited up.

"So we were promised answers" Clint looked towards me.

"Oh right. I was up because, well, I was thinking about the lab and what they called me there" I started "They called me Ragnarok meaning-".

"The end of all things" Thor finished "why did they call you that cursed name".

"They said I would be the end of all heroes. They were going to use me as a weapon to destroy you, and they were going to use me the day you came. That's why I was up" I explained carefully. The whole team looked at me in shock, all save for Steve who already knew this. He seemed to understand anyways.

"That still doesn't explain how you destroyed that punching bag" Steve added "I want to know how you managed to throw it across the room".

"Wait just a minute, a fifteen year old girl destroyed a punching bag. I'm impressed" Tony exclaimed.