→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈

Start from the beginning

"Seeing as you still don't want to speak up," Snow pauses, "I have decided for some important changes. First, you will be in a photoshoot, a silent one, with the other victors here." His grin becomes a little more devilishly, "secondly, we will restart our search for answers with a different approach."

Thana stares blankly at the president, slowly nodding her head. Her eyes almost closing as for once her body is left in peace on a chair.

"Get Mr. Gold in here," Snow says, nodding at Luke Wells' brother, "we should start immediately, the others are almost done I hope."

...

Thana is half asleep as some prep team made the marks her skin carries disappears. And thank the lord they let her doze off. The removal of hairs wasn't even painful in comparison to whatever she had been through the past time. No, it was something familiar that made tears appear in Thana's eyes, a feel of normality. There was no doubt on the girl's mind that this godforsaken photoshoot would be with Peeta, Johanna and Enobaria. The four captives that participated in the quarter quell. The scoffing at the watery eyes of the Jardin by the prep team made it worse though. There was no pity in their eyes, no they neither seemed to enjoy nor loathe their task, a task that they used to be able to brag about. Because they are prepping the Thana Jardin, the flower girl, the sun.

If she could, Thana would cry all her mascara away, making her a panda-like mess. There was nothing more she wanted than to just be in her parents' arms, to be safe at home... if there even was a place for her there after everything.

"Hello, my little sunshine," Arthur Gold stands with his arms open, and without hesitation the girl runs into them. Not paying the purple mark on his face too much thought.

"Oh, Arthur," she looks up at the elderly man, "I am so sorry that you are a part of this."

"If it weren't for you, I would've anyway," he grins softly, stroking the girl's cheek. "My darling granddaughter has left a traitor." He casually says.

"That must be harsh on your family," Thana smiles sadly at her stylist, squeezing his hand three times. "But I heard you have one more piece for me."

"Of course not," Arthur sadly turns to grab the covered dress. "You have become my muse, my darling." He turns around, "I have many dresses left for you to try. And I'd hoped to one day design your wedding dress with your thoughts, I know you always dreamed of that."

A small tear slips over Thana's left cheek, "I never deserved you, especially not now."

"Let's try on this white number," Gold smiles at the young girl, "Capitol's order, but only the colour." He reveals a stunning white dress, and for a moment Thana feels like it is the first time meeting her stylist after her first games.

"Arthur," she smiles, "it is beautiful, like always." She steps into the dress with the man's help, who tightens the corset on the back.

"I am sorry for your loss," Arthur whispers in her ear, "don't forget to show it, you are allowed to still mourn him, okay?"

"Thank you," Thana hugs the man another time, trying to make her mind remember the feeling and smell of comfort. "Thank you for everything."

The Wells brothers come in again, taking Thana's arms with a sturdy grip as more peacekeepers fill the room. Thana looks at Arthur in confusion and he shares the look.

"What a lovely little moment," Luke sarcastically says, loosening his grip on the victor.

And just like that, he pulls a gun out and points it at the elderly stylist. Arthur looks at him for a split second before smiling at Thana. Trying to comfort the distraught girl who is fully held by the Wells twin.

"Keep it together," the man sneers into Thana ear as Luke readies his gun.

"It is okay," Arthur smiles at the girl, "I love you Thana."

"No, no, no," Tears threaten to spill again, "you can't do this. You can't... you can't also take him from me."

"I won't if you start talking," Luke grins maliciously at the squirming girl in his brothers' arms.

"I have told you everything I know," Thana pleads, "please, I am telling the truth."

BANG!

"You left me no choice," Luke says, dragging the girl further away from her fallen stylist. 

....

Nora speaking here!
Thank you for the love you all give this story <3
I cherish each comment and vote <33
Love from me and sorry for all the sad chapters lately, but I am afraid it will still take some time before they are saved from the Capitol.

And yes, I know that Arthur death mirrors Cinna's very much. I was just writing, and then at once, his death appeared in my mind. So, I want you all to know that Arthur Gold (played by Micheal Caine) is based on Michael's character Victor in Miss Congeniality.