Chapter 13 - Unlike you

My phone buzzed. I picked it up from my bed side table. "I'm going to your house rn." It was from Finneas.
"You can't Finn. I'm grounded, remember?"
"I guess I broke down before you did." I smiled. "Mom and dad is not home atm, I guess you could swing by for a minute."
" What about J?" I stood up and went to look for Josh. I shouted his name and got no answer. I guess rules don't apply to him.
"He's not here."

10 minutes later.

Finneas came through the front door and went up to my room. I looked at him and he went up to me and lifted me from the floor and hugged me. I hugged him hard. He smelled really good.
- Hey gorgeous.
He smirked and sat me down.
- Hi. You're wet? Is it raining? He nodded. He took his hand through his hair and a strand fell on his forehead. I placed it to the side and he took my hand and kissed it. Then I hugged him and placed my head on his chest and felt him breathe.
- You wanna watch a movie?
He asked me.
- Yeah which one?

I sat down on my bed and pulled out my computer.
- Um, maybe Jurassic World?
He said sitting down next to me.
- I love that movie, or franchise I guess.
He laughed. We sat backwards against the puffed up pillows and started the movie.
I then took his hand and held it. He looked at me and went in to kiss me. I kissed him back and put my hands around his neck. I could feel my heart racing and Finneas hard breathing against my neck when he kissed it. I felt out of breath and longed for him to continue to kiss me.

Then he stopped and looked up and then at me.
- We should stop.
He said not quite looking at me.
- But we don't have to. I want to, Finn.
I said placing my hand on his chin. He took my hand and looked me deep into my eyes.
- I don't wanna rush this. We are perfect right now and I don't want you to do something you're not ready for.
- But-
He tilted his head and smiled playfully.
- We should wait. For a special time and place. It's something I really want to do with you Linny, I do really. But I want it to be something special and not just because we're alone and feel desperate.
I smiled. Trying to understand him.
- Yes. I agree.
I said and placed my head on his chest. He stroked my head and we watched the movie in silence.

A couple of hours later I woke up. Finneas was next to me and he looked so peaceful. The movie was over and it had gotten dark. We must have slept for at least 4 hours. I looked at Finn again and saw his eyes twitching. He looked anxious. I stroke his cheek and kissed his forehead. Then he opened his eyes and smiled when he saw me.
- What time is it?
He asked and I checked my phone.
- 7pm.
- Oh, well I slept like a king.
He said smiling and dragging me close to him to hug me.
- I could get used to this.
- What?
I asked him.
- Waking up next to you.
He looked down at me. I smiled and looked away.
- Me too.
He hugged me tighter and then we heard the frost door open. We sat up quick and I went to check who it was. Josh placed his car keys on the hallway table and went upstairs.
- Linny! You home?
He started to walk up to my door.

We panicked. I gestured with my hands to get Finn to hide under the bed. But he was too big to fit under it. I waved him over to my closet and shoved him into it. Then Josh knocked on my door and I went up to it trying to look newly awakened.
- What up?
I asked him and he checked his phone.
- Yeah I was just wondering if you were home.
I rolled my eyes.
- Unlike you Josh, mom and dad's rules apply to me.
He sighed and went into his room. I closed my door and sighed in relief. Then I heard Finneas laughing from the closet. I went up to it and opened the door. He stood there, squeezing between my hangers and boxes on the floor. I laughed and he came out.
- Sorry, I panicked.
I said.
- It's okay. I found something funny in there.
He held a pair of hello kitty panties informs of me and laughed. I took them from him and hid them behind me.
- Finn! It's not what it looks like!
He just laughed.
- Linny, how can I know that you don't use panties like that. I have never seen you in your panties.
He winked and continued laughing. I slapped his arm and threw the panties away. I looked down on the floor trying not to look embarrassed. He then hugged me.
- I'm sorry.
He said. I looked at him and smiled gently.
- It's fine.
I hugged him and kissed him.
- I better get going though. Josh's here and you know.
I nodded.
- You can climb down the rose ladder. Just- just don't fall.
He smiled and hugged me and kissed my head.
- I won't.

Then he left.