The Path That We Follow

Start from the beginning

He is death.

Izuku and Katsuki are opposites, in more ways than one. Kami are meant to get along, if not to upset the balance between elements then at least for the humans who inherited this wretched, blessed planet.

But it's difficult to forget grudges as large as this when a god's memory is so very very long.

Still...

Katsuki reaches out for Izuku before they're even close enough to touch, and Izuku steps forward to cut across the distance and do the same.

Their hands tangle like the roots of trees too close together, and Katsuki will gladly be bound to this man for the rest of his days no matter the cost.

While it is difficult for their families to forget a grudge such as theirs... It's so much more difficult for Katsuki to not love the man in front of him.

Their bodies press together, chest to chest. From beneath the layers, Katsuki can feel how Izuku's breast rises and falls with his excited breath, and how his body shifts as he leans up on the tips of his toes to knock their foreheads together.

His hands follow shortly after, to press against Katsuki's cheeks. They're soft and cool, as they always are when compared to the naturally high temperature Katsuki's body produces, and Katsuki smiles as they rub little circles into his smooth skin.

Katsuki presses his own heated palms against the backs of Izuku's, to warm him up.

"Deku," he greets. "How long have I kept you waiting?"

"Not long enough for how much I missed you," Izuku admits, almost shyly. It makes Katsuki want to snatch him up and ravish him, to make up for the lost time. He settles, for now, for a gentle kiss.

Their lips brush, Izuku's parting briefly as he smiles. When he pulls back, Izuku's hands are warmer and his cheeks are pink.

Izuku's sleeves ride down his wrist until they catch at his elbows. The long hanging furi flow in the gentle breeze that wraps around them, and the heavy haori coat he wears over it ends up following after the sleeves.

It falls harmlessly off his shoulders as Katsuki wraps his arms around Izuku and practically lifts him out of his geta. One of the heavy wooden shoes clatter noisily as it slips from between Izuku's toes, but it gets overshadowed by the sudden laughter pulled from Izuku's chest.

"Kacchan!" he giggles as Katsuki lifts him higher, his legs automatically wrapping around his lover's waist.

"Deku," Katsuki shoots back, teasingly.

Izuku grips him tighter until their kimonos practically get tangled up.

Then, purposefully, he kicks off his other shoe. They listen as it trips and falls down the mountain, until it gets lost beneath the low-hanging clouds that they've hiked above.

Izuku smiles at him cheekily when Katsuki lifts a brow.

"Carry me?"

And what can Katsuki do but laugh, burying the sound with kisses along Izuku's neck as he obliges? He'd lift the mountain for him if he so wished it.

---

The cave that waits for them is dreary and dark until Katsuki lifts a hand and lights the leftover candles that they've placed there for this very purpose.

It's taken many trips (both together and alone) to help make the space feel a bit less like the dripping, cold cavern that it is. Izuku had to call in a few favors to have someone enchant the candles and the materials for the bed area for him, so that they wouldn't get ruined.