Hangover with Memories

Start from the beginning

I chuckle, but then winch at the stabbing pain in my head it causes. Carter shakes his head at me. "I'll let you get dressed."

He leaves so that I'm once again alone with my thoughts of the past.

"What's this, Romeo?" Sawyer asks, with her legs dangling off the dock. I am bothered by the alligator swimming below in the murky bayou water. She has her long brunette tresses his a ponytail. She is wearing mesh shorts and a form-fitting tank top that reveals her breasts. She just turned fifteen today.

I gave her a present. It's her birthday and I'm the first one to arrive at our meeting place.

"You're going to love it!" Carmen chirps, goosing me to the side so that I jump out of her way.

Sawyer quickly stands so that they can hug. I'm glad the girls are friends since that's how I met Sawyer, but I wish I could have all of Sawyer's attention. But ever since they met two years ago, I'm not the only person enthralled by this brown-haired, brown-eyed tomboy. My three best friends are as well.

"Come on, open it!" Carmen encouraged her after they hugged, up looking at the package I handed her.

Sawyer rips open the paper with a gasp when she sees the contents. It's the complete box set of Vampire Knight in English translation. With it, I attached a peach skin body pillow cover. Carmen said it would be perfect for her since it's her favorite anime.

"Oh my gosh, Carmen, thank you!" Sawyer hugs Carmen with so much joy on her face.

Carmen laughs. "I just bought the dakimakura. Jen bought you the manga."

Sawyer looks at me, then down at her feet demurely. I frown because this is not how Sawyer normally reacts. The past few years, she has been different around my friends and me. I don't know why; we are the same boys she has known for the past five years.

Yeah, we will be in college once the school year starts, but that's the only thing that's changed. Okay, that's not the only thing. We are trained murderers now, with a friend with benefits. We only get to see Carley in the summer when the Death Kings send us there to work in daylight and train at night.

Sawyer cannot look at me like some shy girl. Nope, that's not my firecracker, Juliet. So, I tackled her into the water.

She curses me l, dunking me back under the water when I come up for air. When I surface again, I'm almost run over by a small airboat before I sink back underneath the water away from it, cursing Carter in my head. The rich prick has more toys than sense, and his senator father spoils him with whatever he wants.

Once the boat is parked at the dock, I jump onto it, latching onto Carter and pulling him with me into the gator-infested water with me. I rise to find Storm stripping his shirt off and JT helping a dripping Sawyer out of the water onto the dock.

I swim to the dock. Storm reaches down to help me up. I grasped his arm, allowing him to hoist me up. He has gotten strong lately with all the fighting and gym workouts he does.

Sawyer stomps up to me, trying to be serious. "I was almost gator chow, you ass!" she exclaims, shoving my chest. I don't budge.

I laugh, pulling her into a hug. She is starting to get curvy. She won't be our stick girl for much longer. "Now you know with us present we won't let anything to you, Juliet."

I flicked the locket around her neck that I gave her for Christmas. The guys were livid at me over that one, since I was more sentimental to our girl.