6. My little crush

Seungmin POV:

She handed my phone back as I couldn't contain the smile that took over my face but it faded slightly into confusion when I heard her say, "this is the first time anyone has ever asked for my number."

"How is that possible?" I couldn't believe what I heard. With just our small conversation I could tell she is a very sweet and happy person so why wouldn't anyone want to talk to her any chance they got? I have butterflies flying in my heart with just the few words we have exchanged already.

I saw one of her eyebrows lift as her gaze was no longer on me. "Uh." She spoke lightly causing me to turn and follow her stare.

"Ahssh. Sorry those are my friends. Um I have to go now. I'll text you!" I waved my phone at her and ran outside just to be met with Changbin putting me in a headlock.

"Yah!" I yelled breaking out of his grip.

"Who was that?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

Chan wrapped his arm over my shoulders. "Be careful Minnie. These fans can get pretty crazy."

"That's just it." I looked back over my shoulder as we were walking away to see her walking out of the coffee shop with a huge smile on her face. "I don't think she even knows who I am."

As we continued down the sidewalk she crossed the street.

"How is that possible?" Hyunjin chimed in. "We are literally posted everywhere."

"Because." I looked back at him. "She gets lost in a book full of adventure rather than drowning in a sea of social media."

"Sounds like somebody has a crush. Someone's got a crush." Felix sang while running around Chan and I.

I felt myself blush as my heart started to flutter. "I... I think I do." A smile crept on my face as I thought about how excited she was getting just by talking about the book. I couldn't deny the immediate connection I felt towards her.

"Oooooooouuuuu" I heard them all say together.

"Yeah yeah." I rolled my eyes.

"Just be careful." I heard Chan say. "She could know who we are and just be playing you."

I shook my head. "No. No. I didn't see any indications they she has even heard of us before."

"Or..." Chan continued. "If she doesn't know who we are then you might want to tell her. Just in case."

"Chill out guys we aren't even dating." I started shoving Hyunjin and he pushed back.

"We know you Hyung! The look on your face says it all when you talk about her." Jeongin nudged me as I because flustered again.

"Well she could not like me back anyways we just met! Let's not get a head of ourselves now." I shyly put my hands in my pockets as we all made our way back to the studio.

Hours drug by as we finally made it back to the dorms. I quickly showered and crawled in bed. My heart raced at just the thought of texting her.

"Tell your little girlfriend I said goodnight." Minho poked his head in my room, making kissy noises. He instinctively dodged the pillow I threw at him as he closed my door.

I grabbed my phone, opening a new message and selected her contact. I don't know why I was feeling so nervous. I ended up just staring at the blank screen trying to figure out the best first message to send.