2 ⭑ The Best Bitch in Me.

"I don't wanna go another day."
Stickwitchu • PCD.

⭑ • • • • • • • • ⭑

"Is he having a stroke?"

"No, but I think he might pass out."

"He looks like Jasper when he's taking a dump!"

"You look like Jasper when he's taking a dump."

"I know! I'm just so excited for toots! I feel like I'm gonna explode!"

"With diarrhea?"

"Shh. Be quiet. You're ruining their moment."

I take a step forward to distance myself from my noisy girlfriends and hold the phone out for Harlow, "I know you missed me, but I think it's a little too early for all this. Now is the part where you get up and say hi to me."

Harlow is as stiff as a board. He doesn't even blink. The only thing that moves is his chest as it rises and falls.

His cheeks tint deeper and deeper as seconds pass; a sweet shade of peach.

I miss that shyness.

I inhale, "No? Well then... I guess I should just..."

I slide his phone into the chest pocket of his open button up and clasp my hands.

"Go back to work." I complete, "See ya."

I turn around and weave through everyone.

Three, Two... One...

"MOVE, MOVE, MOVE, MOVE! CHER!"

I stop and spin around just in time to catch him hurdling at me at the speed of light and my laugh gets pummeled and choked out of me by his arms when he locks them around me and collides our bodies in a hug.

The force with which he lifts me up leaves us stumbling and knocking into people. We tip over a wet floor sign and like a happy tornado, we spin and destroy everything around us.

"Harlow, slow down!" Cackling, I secure my arms tight around his neck.

"You're here!" Harlow yells with a grunt, exhaling into my ear. He squeezes me so tightly it gives me butterflies, "You're here, and you're alive, and you're..." He lets me down and pants, "You're so you!"

"And you're you--ah!" He rips me up into another hug and we go flying around again.

"Oh, Cherry. You're killing me, you know that?" He threads his fingers through my hair, "What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck!"

"What'd I do?"

Gently, he puts me down to my feet, his eyes darting all over my face. He cups my cheek with his other hand, "You show up here out of the blue, looking this fucking beautiful, this fucking..."