Bell turned, so did Welf, and Lili, as they wanted to express their thanks, but they all stopped when they saw who they were. A sour look formed into the faces of Welf, and Lili, they remebred how those adventurers had got them into this predicament in the first place.

"Tsk." Welf clicked his tongue, anger started to form inside his body.

Lili, glared at the trio, she recalled the many close calls she had when they were trapped in the middle floor.

Bell on the other hand, had questioning look on her face, he was angry sure, but he wanted to hear the whole picture before making a judgement.

One thing is for sure, this would be a long night.

.
.
.
.
.

-At the surface.

A young boy with dark auburn hair was walking carefree, taking in the cool night breeze. He rested his hands on his spear that is placed in his shoulder, making his way towards the gates of Orario.

That of course was August, who was now returning after paying a visit to his parents graves. Whistling a soft tune, he was now only a few meters away from reaching the gates.

"Halt! Who goes there!" a voice made August stop on his tracks, he looked forward, seeing two guards with lanterns, trying to shine the light his way.

"Relax, I'm just returning back home." August shrugs, as he spoke calmly, wanting no trouble as well. He stepped forward, allowing the light to shine on his face.

"G-g-gaé bulg?!" the guards recognized him, his jaw hanging lose. By now, everyone in the city knew of August Kaizer.

"Yo!" August waved at them and smiled politely. "Mind if I pass?"

"Of course sir!" the guards stepped aside, letting the young adventurer through.

As that was happening, people near the gates who heard the guard calling his alias all stopped moving. Their eyes glued at the gates as August walked through it.

"It really is him!"

"The hero of Orario!"

"H-he's awake!"

A crowd formed as they all stared at awe, a hero's welcome was starting to take place. They all made way for him, some bowing their head while thanking him for what he did, some screaming his name as he passed by them. Different reactions, but all positive and grateful, as the crowd of people, civilians and adventurers alike, grew larger and larger, wanting to catch a glimpse of the hero who saved their lives.

August in the other hand found this to be a bit awkward. He never was a people person, he was someone who kept to himself, and those that he trusted, which to be fair, are only a handful of people.

So the newfound popularity didn't sit well with him. He let out a deep sigh, looking around as people were now swarming towards him. And for him, this was a hassle.

He pushed his mana forwards, as red lightning coiled his body, and in a flash of red light, he vanished from where he stood, as if he was never even there to begin with. All that was left was the scorched mark on the ground he left behind as he moved to avoid the crowd.

And that was enough, with multiple people seeing his face for the first time in months, news quickly traveled all around Orario. news that August is now awake.

This revelation sent shockwaves all throughout the city. As the gods, keen on the gossips on the streets, all heard of his return.

.
.
.

At the top of babel, a seductive woman watched the view of the city lights, while twirling a glass of red wine.

A small smile appeared on her lips, as she took a sip from her glass. "So you're awake... Things are starting to get interesting." Freya let out a sinister chuckle as Ottar stood by her side.