"Not willingly." Derrick's voice could be heard in the background and Ivy waved him off.

Mieke enjoyed a few more minutes on the phone with Derrick and Ivy, sharing laughs and conversations. However, the call eventually came to an end as Derrick and Ivy needed to leave for the mall. They bid each other farewell, promising to talk tomorrow, leaving Mieke with a lingering smile from the pleasant conversation.

"They just know they funny."Mieke chuckled before opening TikTok. As she did, an ad featuring Keanu appeared and she rolled her eyes before she swiped up for the next video. "The Super Bowl was last month, why are they still talking about it?"

Mieke glanced at the time in the corner of her phone, and her heart sank as she noticed it was almost time for her next client –

By almost I mean, one minute away.

Quickly, she stashed her phone back in the drawer, switched it to silent mode, and briskly stood up. Moving with urgency, she approached the door, pressed the buzzer to alert the front desk that she was ready for her next client, and opened the door. There she stood, clipboard in hand, casting her gaze downward.

As Mieke stood by the door, focused on her clipboard, Keanu entered the hallway, heading towards Mieke's office door.

If Keanu said he isn't nervous, that'd be
the biggest lie of the century.

The tension, the unknown, it was all bubbling up inside him. He just hoped Mieke wouldn't make a huge scene. He prayed she'd agree to talk, to give him a chance to clear the air.

It wasn't like he was expecting miracles, but her agreeing to a conversation would be a major win for him. This whole thing could make or break his year, and it was just the third month.

Mieke agreeing to have this talk could be the turning point he'd been waiting for.

He needed this chance, not just for closure, but for some kind of understanding.

There was this tiny flicker of hope burning inside him that maybe, just maybe, they could sort things out somehow.

But man, the uncertainty of how she'd react was eating him up.

He didn't want drama, just a conversation.

Every step towards her door felt like a commitment, a leap into the unknown.

He was ready, yet terrified at the same time. It was like riding a rollercoaster blindfolded; he had no idea how things would turn out.

When Keanu rounded the corner, he spotted Mieke standing by her office door, engrossed in whatever was on her clipboard.

There was this electric kind of feeling, as if she sensed someone entering the hallway. Suddenly, her eyes shot up from the clipboard, and just like that, their gazes locked.

It felt like a thousand emotions flashed between them in that split second, but before anything else could happen, she looked away.

Keanu started making his way over to where Mieke stood, and she could practically feel his approach, the faint echoes of her own heartbeat drumming in her ears.

"Mieke." Keanu called out.

Mieke's heart raced as she heard Keanu's voice call out her name. Her initial instinct was to ignore it, to pretend she hadn't heard, but the reality of the situation pulled her back to the present. Taking a deep breath, she looked up from the clipboard and looked at Keanu.