It's Finally Over [ Season Finale, Last Part]

Start from the beginning

The ambient sounds of the surroundings seemed to hush, emphasizing the significance of his words. The relieved atmosphere permeated our small group as we stood there, the weight of recent events lingering in the air.

A gentle smile played on my lips, a silent acknowledgment of the warmth that swelled in my heart at the scene unfolding before us. The forest seemed to echo with a newfound tranquility, a reflection of the relief we all felt with Zane's return.

"Zane's resilience is remarkable; he's stronger than we give him credit for," I mused, my gaze shifting between the recovering Zane and the supportive figures of Kim and Garroth beside me.

"But still... how DID you manage to get yourself out of the potion without needing the reverse potion, Y/N?" Garroth's question hung in the air, a thoughtful inquiry that demanded more than a simple answer. As we walked, Garroth positioned himself on the other side of me, sandwiching me between him and Kim. The trio, though eager to rush to Aaron and Lucinda's aid, understood the necessity of taking a brief pause to help Zane recover.

The dappled sunlight filtering through the canopy above cast a gentle glow on our path, creating an atmosphere that balanced both tension and camaraderie. A symphony of leaves rustled in the breeze, as if nature itself was attuned to the narratives unfolding within our group.

"I mean, I really thought I had explained it already?" I questioned, my fingers instinctively wrapping around the pendant of my necklace. It wasn't that I felt entirely uncomfortable discussing it; rather, I wasn't fully prepared to delve into those memories just yet. The necklace, a tangible reminder of my own resilience, served as both a comfort and a shield.

The forest around us seemed to hold its breath, the rustling leaves and soft sunlight creating a tranquil backdrop to our conversation. In this sanctuary of nature, my internal struggles felt both distant and immediate.

Kim and Garroth, attuned to the subtle shifts in my demeanor, exchanged glances before one of them spoke up. Kim, offering a supportive gesture, placed an arm on my shoulder. "It's alright, Y/N... You don't have to talk about it just yet. We were just curious, that's all." Her voice carried a gentle reassurance, a soft melody in the symphony of the forest. I turned my gaze toward her, finding solace in her understanding.
"Sometimes we just forget that you were also under the potion's effects, but you managed to break free sooner than they did. We didn't even notice until you told us either..." Kim's words held a sincerity that echoed through the forest, creating a space for vulnerability and acceptance."

"But I mean, of course, we noticed that something was distinctly different about you. However, we had no inkling about your condition. All we knew was that your eyes... they weren't the familiar green and gray blend; they were just both green. It was truly perplexing," Garroth spoke with a mix of concern and amazement. The dappled sunlight filtering through the leaves seemed to dance on his expression, highlighting the intrigue etched across his face. "But now look at you, boasting a beautiful set of purple and gray eyes. I'm not sure how that happened, but it's genuinely cool."

"That's also a long story... though it's something I haven't completely figured out myself," I chuckled shyly, my eyes reflecting a blend of mystery and amusement. The forest around us seemed to hold its breath, as if nature itself was eavesdropping on our tales.

Zane groaned from behind Garroth's shoulder, capturing all of our attention as we gathered around him. The air seemed to hum with anticipation, and the subtle rustle of leaves provided a delicate background to the unfolding scene. "Hnn... Aph," he whispered, his voice carrying the weight of both fatigue and a yearning for reassurance as he shifted around on Garroth's back.

"My Zane!" Ghost Kim shrieked with excitement, her ethereal enthusiasm echoing through the trees.

"Quiet, Ghost! We can't just scream that loudly when he's still out of it..." Kim, back in control of her body, whispered with a gentle scolding tone. She observed Zane slowly opening his eyes, the forest holding its collective breath in shared suspense.