"Phew," Dagmar fanned her face with her hands, hoping to dry the tears that had formed.

Writers navigate between two worlds: reality and fiction. Some manage to find a balance, while others choose to live in either one. It seemed like Monday had chosen reality, which saddened Dagmar, who realized she might be losing a citizen of their writer universe.

"Don't worry, I won't stop writing, but I need a break. I'll come back if there's room for me when I'm ready," Monday said, grasping Dagmar's hand. "In the meantime, I'll be there to support you guys. You've given me so much; it's time for me to be your Mickey."

The conversation wouldn't make sense to anyone who listened, but Monday's words meant a lot to the movie fans who sat with her.

Ben grasped Dagmar's and Monday's free hand to complete the circle. They had worked years together, meeting regularly in the office, but had never been as close as they were then. Each wondered how they managed to bypass this proximity turned friendship.

"So, how did it go?" Luce asked when Monday returned.

"It went better than expected," Monday replied as she hung up her coat and glanced at her silhouette in the entrance mirror. She used her hand to hug her sweater under her stomach. Her bump was barely a hump. She couldn't explain it, but she was eager to see the change.

Luce was curious; she didn't even let Monday settle that she fired her cousin another question, "How did they react?"

"They seemed happy to see that I'm glad about it."

"What else did you talk about?" Luce had an odd feeling. Monday seemed distant. She spent much time in her room and switched or shut her screen every time Luce passed behind her. Her attitude made Luce suspicious, but nothing could prepare the nurse for the reason behind her cousin's behavior.

"You mean apart from telling them I'm pregnant? We spoke about me moving out."

"I see," Luce replied before exclaiming, "What did you say? What is this about moving out?"

Monday came to sit beside her; there was no better time to explain, "I want to move out. I have some money aside. The market is a little unstable, but I'd like to buy an apartment."

"You want to buy, now? The rates are high, Monday."

"I know."

"Can't this wait until after your baby's birth? You're adding stress where you shouldn't. Do you see yourself preparing cartons, painting, renovating, or whatever else? It's ridiculous."

"Luce."

"Do you see yourself alone in a big house with no one to help you?"

"Luce."

"I don't understand. What's wrong with you living here?"

"Luce, please, listen to me. There's nothing wrong about living here." Monday grasped her cousin's hands, "I spent eight unforgettable years here, but I need; we need a space of our own. You need to dispose of your home the way you wish. To invite Blaze about without having to text me to put some clothes on to avoid your boyfriend from seeing me in a tee and panties. Also, you need your intimacy, Luce."

"I'm not sleeping with Blaze."

Monday blinked and tilted her head to the side, "Pardon."

"Our relationship is entirely sex free."

"Oh, my," Monday covered her mouth with her hands. "You mean, you've been dating him a whole year without sleeping with him.

Luce grimaced, "why are you acting like you don't know? I told you."

"I thought you were joking, sis."

"Monday," Luce stamped her feet, " don't try to distract me. I don't want you to move out."

"I have to, Luce. I must see how I evolve in a neutral environment where I'm in charge of everything. I need to know I can provide for this child without leaning on someone. You are not this baby's daddy. You don't owe me support, Luce. Please, try to understand."

"I'm trying, ㅡI understand. ㅡIt's just so sudden. I don't know why I pitched and accepted the idea we'd grow old together here."

Monday slid her head back, "God forbid, Luce, that is one touching but sad dream. You deserve better than growing old with me. You're a saint, Luce. If only I were more like you. I wouldn't be in this situation."Monday paused for a second and picked up with, "I mean, how can you not have sex?"

"Monday."

"That is crazy. Don't you get the itch?"

"Monday."

"Blaze is sexy. That's one fina, fine chocolate bar you've got yourself there."

"Monday," Luce exclaimed and covered her ears.

"Tell me, how do you resist?" Monday asked with sparkling eyes. Luce's revelation was the kind of information the author loved to hear. The manifestation of love and relationships always fascinated her. Celibacy was a UFO in her mind, and though the concept came in peace, the woman couldn't see how people managed to hold down such momentum when lust and desire rotated around them like a halo.

"I'm not listening."

"Luce, please tell me how you can resist. You've been at his place multiple times. Don't tell me you don't make out."

Luce sighed. A serious conversation was impossible once a subject triggered her curiosity button. The writer diverted the conversation; Luce knew it, but she accepted it. As depressing as it was, Luce had to acknowledge her cousin's desire to assume herself just as she had to recognize Monday was right about her.

Deep down, somewhere around the corners of her heart, Luce did wish to have a space where she wouldn't need to compromise on someone's behavior. Monday relieved her from the duty of having to express a similar desire in the near future. It was challenging to accept it then, but it was for the better overall.