SHUTDOWN

Narrator

Minji was beyond pissed at everything.

She was mad at Haerin, at The Dean, at Y/n for leaving, and even at herself for allowing the whole situation to happen.

Minji knew that Y/n was okay, but she couldn't help and worry.

- Minji POV -

I had called Y/n three times by now, but she wouldn't pick up.

I was starting to get really worried when she suddenly texted.

Brat

I'm fine.
I'm at home.
Don't worry.
I'll see you at school.
Goodnight.

I sighed of relief the second the first text came in.

I felt even a bit more relieved that Y/n still had her place. It would have broken my heart if Y/n had just walked out with nowhere to go.

It took her a bit to convince me to keep her place after what happened, but I'm glad I agreed.

Y/n had some decent savings to be able to have her own place still, but soon I'd have to step up to help her. She really does need her own space... and after I made her stop working.... it should be my responsibility.

Either way, I was just glad she was okay.

- Y/N POV -

I felt a bit embarrassed that Haerin-ssi had gotten the best of me, but leaving was probably for the best.

Professor Kang has history with Minji.

It seemed like they have a lot unresolved emotions and I wasn't about to get in the way of that.

It's probably for the best if I just stay in my own lane.

Suddenly, my phone started buzzing.

It was Minji calling again.

MJ

Call me.
Please?

I took a deep breath and stared at the message for a bit.

I contemplated for a quite a while. Until I realized that Minji has done a lot for me.... the very least she deserved was a call to let her know I'm okay.

I took another breath and let it out. I shutdown my feelings, picked up the phone, and called her.

"Hey, you okay?" Minji quickly picked up on the other line.

"Yeah, I'm just going take a hot shower and go to sleep," I lowly responded.

"Do you need space right now?" She asked.

"Mhm," I hummed.

"Okay. Just let me know if you need anything," She kindly offered.

"Okay," I answered.... before hanging up the phone.

I did exactly as I told her. I took a hot shower and immediately went to bed.